• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moeen Ali racially abused

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Usually it is something totally innocuous that triggers it. I cannot remember what I was discussing, talking about shoe laces or something totally innocent, but some Kiwi said ''that is totally utterly disgusting'' and reported me (or said that he reported me). That was a month ago. And then there was a massive thing because I dared to suggest that scene involving Mr Stokes in Bristol last year resembled similar scenes enacted every Friday night in the west end (e.g., Bigg Market) of Newcastle-upon-Tyne - I was called a ''moron'' for that, despite frequently passing the blood stains, vomit and smashed glass Saturday morning when getting the train. Here? Semantics. I just send people mad here haha. I'm not actually this disliked in normal non-internet life, at least nobody has said so to my face.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Usually it is something totally innocuous that triggers it. I cannot remember what I was discussing, talking about shoe laces or something totally innocent, but some Kiwi said ''that is totally utterly disgusting'' and reported me (or said that he reported me). That was a month ago. And then there was a massive thing because I dared to suggest that scene involving Mr Stokes in Bristol last year resembled similar scenes enacted every Friday night in the west end (e.g., Bigg Market) of Newcastle-upon-Tyne - I was called a ''moron'' for that, despite frequently passing the blood stains, vomit and smashed glass Saturday morning when getting the train. Here? Semantics. I just send people mad here haha. I'm not actually this disliked in normal non-internet life, at least nobody has said so to my face.
It's your avatar mate - gives out the wrong subliminal message - change it to Paul Collingwood and you'll be able to do no wrong

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FMD is there anything more annoying than when obviously racist trash is defended by people trying to say ‘but what about the white version’

There isn’t one for a reason you ****ing muppets.

‘I have never experienced racism and am not personally offended by it.’ - well ****ing good for you
Pretty much this tbh.

Burgey

Nope, there's plenty more as well. Just ask Azhar or YK from the 2016 series. He's actually worse than Starc..a lot more bratty and rude.

Of course it's just standard behavior in his team and no worse than anyone else.. so that would explain why he never stood out.
Look, I don’t think Australia will be taking lessons in ethical cricketing conduct from Pakistan any time soon, but cheers for the heads upz

TheJediBrah

Yea exactly. I don't think Wayne Parnell - who has now converted to Islam, changed his name to Walid, and sports a long beard - will ever be called 'Osama' in a derogatory manner.
wrong

Yes, because "Osama" is a jibe that would definitely be made against a white dude.
yes it could, and it would be just as bad. In fact suggesting that it wouldn't is actually racist. More specifically so than the comment in question.

It's unacceptable regardless of who it's against. Obviously it's more likely to happen to someone of middle-eastern background though.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Nope, there's plenty more as well. Just ask Azhar or YK from the 2016 series. He's actually worse than Starc..a lot more bratty and rude.

Of course it's just standard behavior in his team and no worse than anyone else.. so that would explain why he never stood out.
Tell us more on behavioural standards please. Maybe we could learn a thing or two from Pakistan

tooextracool

International Coach
23 pages of whether the comment is racist or not, all of which is clearly besides the point - even Moeen hasn't called the perpetrator or his comments 'racist'. The comment was incredibly insensitive and highly inappropriate and, based on the stated sequence of events, even the player who made the jibe knew that it was clearly inappropriate and hence denied saying it. If true, it would be just another example of the Aussies calling foul play when others have gone after their wives when they are routinely the instigators of this kind of behaviour.

TheJediBrah

23 pages of whether the comment is racist or not, all of which is clearly besides the point - even Moeen hasn't called the perpetrator or his comments 'racist'. The comment was incredibly insensitive and highly inappropriate and, based on the stated sequence of events, even the player who made the jibe knew that it was clearly inappropriate and hence denied saying it. If true, it would be just another example of the Aussies calling foul play when others have gone after their wives when they are routinely the instigators of this kind of behaviour.
It's absolutely beside the point, but I still haven't seen anyone say "It's not racist so it's not as bad/ there's nothing wrong with the comment", which seems to be the imaginary comment that some here seem to be getting upset over

Burgey

Bet you have.

Our country had an entire week dedicated to the indigenous language last week. Does yours recognise the indigenous people of Australia as human beings yet?

Of course not all Australians are racist. It's not a stereotype of all members of the population, just a much too high percentage of it.
Thank goodness theres no racism in New Zealand.

Spare us his ****. The only poster who surpasses SKennedy for saying sfa then hooking in at every opportunity on an anti-Australian crusade is this ****wit.

What a **** of a post this is. Steve is always balanced because he has a chip on both shoulders, but this is ****ing woeful even by his abject standards.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

Thank goodness theres no racism in New Zealand.

Spare us his ****. The only poster who surpasses SKennedy for saying sfa then hooking in at every opportunity on an anti-Australian crusade is this ****wit.

What a **** of a post this is. Steve is always balanced because he has a chip on both shoulders, but this is ****ing woeful even by his abject standards.
Au contraire. I now consider Jedi to be smarter than he looks (well he looks like Virat Kohli so that wouldn't be that hard, but you see my point?).

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maybe the reason Australia is so racist is because all the racist Kiwis emigrate here, leaving only the pure minded back in NZ?

Daemon

Lol you guys are basically an India vs Pakistan comment section with better English

Embarrassing posting, just stop

S.Kennedy

Wouldn't it have been funny if Australia and New Zealand sort of amalgamated into one country. You are near enough, and some of the Aussies like Rugger enough to have more in common with their Kiwi neighbours.

You could have had Hadlee and Lillee in one team?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wouldn't it have been funny if Australia and New Zealand sort of amalgamated into one country.
It was relatively close to happening at Australian federation. The Australian Constitution actually still lists New Zealand as a state of Australia, as there was an even chance they'd join the federation at the time of writing.

I think attitudes to indigenous people were actually at the heart of New Zealand's decision not to join though, so New Zealanders calling Australians racist is basically a tradition at this point. :p

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
For the record Australia has NAIDOC week. NAIDOC Week celebrations are held across Australia each July to celebrate the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

Status
Not open for further replies.