• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moeen Ali racially abused

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Trying to be legitimate but honestly, if all I'm going to get is called a ****wit then why worry about it. I'm not Blocky, I don't come in here to incite anything - I just state what my views are, which if that's not the basis for a forum then I'm apologetically mistaken. I'm more than likely just guilty of making sweeping statements like 'Australia has a problem' when I should say it's more prevalent than it should be, but it's not indicative of the whole country at all.
Nothing wrong with just stating what your views are, just don't be surprised when it gets pointed out how stupid and wrong they are

Australia does have massive problems re indiginous affairs
Who doesn't. Or at least racial issues.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
NZ was the first country in the world to give women the right to vote (1893). Māori men actually achieved universal suffrage 12 years before European men due to land ownership in the 1860s.

Chinese NZers had to pay a poll tax and couldn't vote until the 1950s.

Spark

Global Moderator
i wasn't aware this thread could get worse than last night but "your country is worse than my country and let me show you why with spurious generalisations" might be it

Borges

International Regular
You seem to be getting all your information from reports of behaviour by a cricket team
For a lot of cricket fans, the most visible face of Australia has been the behaviour of their cricket team.
I think we could just accept that the Australian cricket team is unAustralian, and leave it at that.

Spark

Global Moderator
For a lot of cricket fans, the most visible face of Australia has been the behaviour of their cricket team.
I think we could just accept that the Australian cricket team is unAustralian, and leave it at that.
i too judge entire nations by their cricket team

cnerd123

likes this
i'll give it a bit more time to get back on topic at least theoretically
you want us to continue speculating which Australian player said these things? Or to keep hurling abuse to Australian cricket and its 'culture'? Or are we supposed to continue the debate on if 'Osama' is really a racist insult or not?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
you want us to continue speculating which Australian player said these things? Or to keep hurling abuse to Australian cricket and its 'culture'? Or are we supposed to continue the debate on if 'Osama' is really a racist insult or not?
This.

We're just going to go around in circles, rename the thread to "Poop in the Pants: The Thread" and sticky it.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not really, I don't hold a grudge though. You're not doing out of hostility, just out of ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.