• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan tour of Ireland, England and Scotland 2018

Groundking

International Debutant
Just read a bit about Bess... unsure whether to say good luck young man or dear lord is England desperate for a spinner? Ali not playing seems foolish.
Ali has completely lost form and confidence, leaving him out for a while is the best thing for him and the team.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just read a bit about Bess... unsure whether to say good luck young man or dear lord is England desperate for a spinner? Ali not playing seems foolish.
I'm just hoping that, mentally, Bess is more of a Mehedy Hasan than a Simon Kerrigan

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Ali has completely lost form and confidence, leaving him out for a while is the best thing for him and the team.
Possibly, but done alright in IPL and will be playing at home, not in an Aus cauldron. And his batting must add something compared to Bess. Bess seems a young 20 year old that has shown something and England in desperation to make changes and be 'proactive' threw the kid in... may be inspirational, but somehow doubt it. England still favourites... just seems tough on the kid.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Possibly, but done alright in IPL and will be playing at home, not in an Aus cauldron. And his batting must add something compared to Bess. Bess seems a young 20 year old that has shown something and England in desperation to make changes and be 'proactive' threw the kid in... may be inspirational, but somehow doubt it. England still favourites... just seems tough on the kid.
My theory is that they're trying all the top performing county spinners (plus Mason Crane for some ****ed up reason) to prove that Ali is actually the best option.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My theory is that they're trying all the top performing county spinners (plus Mason Crane for some ****ed up reason) to prove that Ali is actually the best option.
Best not have Matty Parkinson on the list or they'll fail in that endeavour

Borges

International Regular
This and the next two sessions ought to be the best period for batting on this wicket; England have done well so far.

Firebreaker

Banned
I don't even know why Fahim is playing? I don't see him scoring more than 20 in this match and his bowling is really average for Test cricket

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In fairness Moeen was abysmal all winter with bat and ball and deserves to be dropped. The fact he hasn't played any cricket bar hit and giggle means he shouldn't be anywhere near the side, then again it hasn't stopped them picking Buttler.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Not convinced Harmer is that much better than Ali, if at all.
Not in terms of spin, but he is a bit more wily and better control... not as good a batsmen. But it was just a silly facetious remark not to be taken seriously.