• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan tour of Ireland, England and Scotland 2018

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
That Umpire's Call thing really irks me. If it's 2 reds and a yellow it should be out
Umpire's call rule is just fine. Just a bit surprised the original decision was not out for that one. Umpires have become more brave these days in calling those front foot stride calls which a few years ago they wouldn't have. But looks like Reiffel still belongs to the old school

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I was predicting their bowling attack to cause all sorts of problems to England's weak as piss batting, and a 1-0 series victory for Pakistan. The English journos/ex-players were ****y in the extreme.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wouldn't be in the least surprised if they went on to beat England here after struggling to win against Ireland.

Pakistan gonna Pakistan.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Umpire's call rule is just fine. Just a bit surprised the original decision was not out for that one. Umpires have become more brave these days in calling those front foot stride calls which a few years ago they wouldn't have. But looks like Reiffel still belongs to the old school
You could see why it was given not out though. Ashram's release point is mid crease and if he's not swinging it into the left armer it's hard to get lbw, because it's either pitching outside leg, or if not missing offstump. He more or less bowled bowled the perfect delivery to get the lbw and it only just pitched on leg stump and it only just clipped offstump. Two marginal calls for the umpire and they've both got to go in favour of the bowler if it's to be given out.. Also the appeal by Pakistan wasn't great.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Time will tell how this plays out, but I reckon we've given Pakistan a gift here. Would dearly love to see Broad and Jimmy bowling right now.

Heboric

International Debutant
I agree wait until both sides bat, I know Pakistan have shown a bit more starch in their batting nowadays compared to yesteryear. But I still would be a tad nervous watching them bat here