• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan tour of Ireland, England and Scotland 2018

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Time will tell how this plays out, but I reckon we've given Pakistan a gift here. Would dearly love to see Broad and Jimmy bowling right now.
Don't worry, mate. A couple of dropped catches and England are back in

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Time will tell how this plays out, but I reckon we've given Pakistan a gift here. Would dearly love to see Broad and Jimmy bowling right now.
Hopefully we are bowling before the thunderstorm on Sunday when they are chasing a target and Jimmy hoops it miles.

Borges

International Regular
England would be ahead in the game if they can reach lunch without losing another wicket.

Jack1

International Debutant
I don't like England's team on paper, even if it wins there are a lot of question marks.

Cook I am happy with, because he is the best England have available.

However, Stoneman isn't good enough at this level. It surprises me the likes of Gubbins or Rory Burns didn't get a chance in this test. As for Malan, I don't particularly rate him. I feel like he is a number 5 or 6 maybe at this level, but certainly not a 4. I also think Buttler and Hildreth are better players and options from 4-6 in the order over Malan, Vince, Westley etc.

Ben Foakes is another who I feel could provide better balance, it would take the pressure off Bairstow. That doesn't mean Buttler can't play too. Foakes at 7, Bairstow 4 (without the gloves), Buttler 5 provides a nicer balance for me.
I would have liked a 4th frontline seamer too in Porter/Coad instead of playing Bess.

Ed Joyce retires from all cricket. Least he got to play a test match.
That's a strange one. His body must be done. Too many niggles maybe. Because he has a great record for Ireland. He is pretty old to be fair (for a player). Perhaps focusing more on family.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
He's 39. He held on to play Ireland's maiden test which just shows how much it meant to that generation. Had Ireland been granted Test status a few years earlier, he could have played around 8-10 Test matches

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Who the hell is Dominic Bess? And England gonna do the normal 4 down for less than 100 to 400+ plus all out.