• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** ICC World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Camo999

State 12th Man
5 runs behind on D/L but I reckon we're slightly in front in the game! They better get back out there.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
There weren't even cameras at a lot of games in this tournament, let alone whatever equipment they need to set up ball tracking and edge-detection.
They have only used about 3 or 4 venues between Bulawayo and Harare, not like its grounds all over the country. I understand it is expensive, but if the associate nations are to be given a full opportunity when these 'big' tournaments come around, then the ICC needs to treat them that way; not as 2nd class citizens. If you want to develop cricket give exposure and do it properly.

And I have actually been pretty impressed with the standard of cricket this tournament, which bodes well for the game.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
They have only used about 3 or 4 venues between Bulawayo and Harare, not like its grounds all over the country. I understand it is expensive, but if the associate nations are to be given a full opportunity when these 'big' tournaments come around, then the ICC needs to treat them that way; not as 2nd class citizens. If you want to develop cricket give exposure and do it properly.
Oh yeah I agree it should have been there, but the level of cbf from the ICC in terms of funding goes way beyond not having it. We weren't even close to having DRS in this tournament given they didn't even fund it well enough for cameras most of the time.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kp: "How much would the DLS par score have been, had Berrington not been given out? -- Believe it or not, Scotland would've been ahead by three runs.
Rough

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbf Berrington was scoring more slowly than Leask. Probably would have been 2-3 runs below anyway

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Windies officially win now by five runs. Whew, by the skin of their teeth! Can't wait for all the conspiracy theories- "The ICC forced Wilson to give that LBW, they used a rain machine, etc, etc.":D

Days of Grace

International Captain
Was it that sudden a downpour that they couldn’t get the 12th man to run out with a bit of paper detailing the targets?

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I'm glad we qualified but that's a really unsatisfactory way to do it.

I got the feeling we would have won but it wasn't certain and that was a really poor lbw decision.

Scotland have improved a lot and I'm really sorry that they won't get to go to the world cup.

We still have a lot of thinking to do ahead of the world cup as our ODI team is simply not good enough.

Is Gayle done and do we need to find a new opener to join Lewis? We still can't rotate the strike well enough at all in the middle order.

We have to do better than the likes of Nurse/Miller and Bishoo for middle over spin options. Cornwall has to come in.

On the positive side some of our players got much needed experience and the seam bowling in the powerplays was excellent.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Holder is very much at beta testing level I'm captaincy too.
I'd go further and say that tactically he is a very poor captain. Even today he had noone at first slip against new batsmen when we were desperately trying to get wickets.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just saw this tweet:

WCQ Parity Cycle!
Scotland def. UAE
UAE def. Netherlands
Netherlands def. Nepal
Nepal def. PNG
PNG def. HK
HK def. Afghanistan
Afghanistan def. Windies
Windies def. Zimbabwe