• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** ICC World Cup Qualifiers 2018

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Sun Mar 4 (50 ovs) 09:30 local (07:30 GMT | 16:30 JST)
Group B - Afghanistan v Scotland
Bulawayo Athletic Club

Group A - Papua New Guinea v United Arab Emirates
Harare Sports Club

Group A - Ireland v Netherlands
Old Hararians, Harare

Group B - Zimbabwe v Nepal
Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo

Tue Mar 6 (50 ovs) 09:30 local (07:30 GMT | 16:30 JST)
Group B - Hong Kong v Scotland
Bulawayo Athletic Club

Group A - Ireland v Papua New Guinea
Harare Sports Club

Group A - United Arab Emirates v West Indies
Old Hararians, Harare

Group B - Zimbabwe v Afghanistan

Thu Mar 8 (50 ovs) 09:30 local (07:30 GMT | 16:30 JST)
Group B - Afghanistan v Hong Kong
Bulawayo Athletic Club

Group A - Netherlands v United Arab Emirates
Harare Sports Club

Group A - Papua New Guinea v West Indies
Old Hararians, Harare

Group B - Nepal v Scotland

Sat Mar 10 (50 ovs) 09:30 local (07:30 GMT | 16:30 JST)
Group A - Ireland v West Indies
Harare Sports Club

Group B - Zimbabwe v Hong Kong

Group A - Netherlands v Papua New Guinea
Old Hararians, Harare

Group B - Afghanistan v Nepal
Bulawayo Athletic Club

Mon Mar 12 (50 ovs) 09:30 local (07:30 GMT | 16:30 JST)
Group A - Ireland v United Arab Emirates
Old Hararians, Harare

Group B - Zimbabwe v Scotland
Bulawayo Athletic Club

Group A - Netherlands v West Indies
Harare Sports Club

Group B - Hong Kong v Nepal

Thu Mar 15 (50 ovs) 09:30 local (07:30 GMT | 16:30 JST)
1st Super - TBC v TBC
Harare Sports Club

2nd Super - TBC v TBC

Play off - TBC v TBC
Old Hararians, Harare

Play off - TBC v TBC
Kwekwe Sports Club

Fri Mar 16 (50 ovs) 09:30 local (07:30 GMT | 16:30 JST)
3rd Super - TBC v TBC
Harare Sports Club

Sat Mar 17 (50 ovs) 09:30 local (07:30 GMT | 16:30 JST)
7th Place Play off - TBC v TBC
Kwekwe Sports Club

Sat Mar 17 (50 ovs) 09:30 local (07:30 GMT | 16:30 JST)
9th Place Play off - TBC v TBC
Old Hararians, Harare

Sun Mar 18 (50 ovs) 09:30 local (07:30 GMT | 16:30 JST)
4th Super - TBC v TBC
Harare Sports Club

Mon Mar 19 (50 ovs) 09:30 local (07:30 GMT | 16:30 JST)
5th Super - TBC v TBC
Harare Sports Club

Tue Mar 20 (50 ovs) 09:30 local (07:30 GMT | 16:30 JST)
6th Super - TBC v TBC
Harare Sports Club

Thu Mar 22 (50 ovs) 09:30 local (07:30 GMT | 16:30 JST)
7th Super - TBC v TBC
Harare Sports Club

Thu Mar 22 (50 ovs) 09:30 local (07:30 GMT | 16:30 JST)
8th Super - TBC v TBC
Old Hararians, Harare

Fri Mar 23 (50 ovs) 09:30 local (07:30 GMT | 16:30 JST)
9th Super - TBC v TBC
Harare Sports Club

Sun Mar 25 (50 ovs) 09:30 local (07:30 GMT | 16:30 JST)
Final - TBC v TBC
Harare Sports Club

This should be the most competitive World Cup qualifiers ever played with the Windies in the mix. Looking forward to how Rashid Khan captains and if Netherlands or HK can pull off upsets over the fancied WI, Zim, Afg and Ireland.

SeamUp

International Coach
So Zimbabwe at least called back Sean Williams. I wonder how much rain will be around Zim this time of year. Think there will be.

Left Musakanda and Burl for Williams & Zhuwao.

Zimbabwe squad

Think they going to go.

Masakadza
Mire
Taylor
Ervine
Raza
Williams
Waller
Cremer
Jarvis
Chatara
Vitori

Zhuwao (newbie picked)
Moor
Chisoro
Blessing

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Zhuwao is really just a complete hack of a player. I wasn't really expecting anything from Musakanda or Burl anyway though, so as long as he doesn't find himself in the eleven ahead of Williams then it's fine I guess.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
So Zimbabwe at least called back Sean Williams. I wonder how much rain will be around Zim this time of year. Think there will be.

Left Musakanda and Burl for Williams & Zhuwao.
Yeah, They might swap Vitori and Muzarabani but that should more or less be the team.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Stanikzai getting injured could be a blessing in disguise for Afghans. Najibullah who is a much better bat can come up the order. But the extra responsibility of captaincy on Rashid Khan is interesting with all of their winning hopes also resting on him.

Camo999

State 12th Man
C'mon Scotland. Not losing ODI status is key.

I see Sky Sports is covering a couple of games featuring the Windies but is there coverage of the other games? How the hell do we see this tournament?

Last edited:

TimCutler

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Only ten matches are being broadcast. Originally 20 matches were to be shown + all others streamed, however the budget was cut drastically. Two TV venues went to one, the waiver was signed with Star so they only had to show 10 matches, and none will be streamed. The only group matches are WIvIRE & WIvNET, then Super Sixes and finals.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Guys, just to make the viewing interesting, what are your predictions for the Super Six and the finals? Mine is,

Super Six: WI, Afg, Zim, Ireland, Netherlands, Scotland
Final: WI vs Afg
Winner: Windies

TimCutler

Guys, just to make the viewing interesting, what are your predictions for the Super Six and the finals? Mine is,

I'll go with my heart and replace Scotland with HK. Agree on everything else. Afghanistan will go close to winning it though and won't be surprised if they do.

SeamUp

International Coach
Zhuwao is really just a complete hack of a player. I wasn't really expecting anything from Musakanda or Burl anyway though, so as long as he doesn't find himself in the eleven ahead of Williams then it's fine I guess.
It's probably as good a squad as they could have gone for without Murray and Mavuta. Me personally would have had Murray and Mavuta in and Waller/Zhuwao & Chisoro not.

Yeah, They might swap Vitori and Muzarabani but that should more or less be the team.
Think they going to go for experience but another factor is Bulawayo is most spun friendly venue isn't it ?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's probably as good a squad as they could have gone for without Murray and Mavuta.
I still would've picked Burl. I wouldn't have been expecting much but he has the biggest potential to prove me wrong IMO, and I think he could be a decent player eventually even if he's not right now.

SeamUp

International Coach
I still would've picked Burl. I wouldn't have been expecting much but he has the biggest potential to prove me wrong IMO, and I think he could be a decent player eventually even if he's not right now.
I must admit his technique and positivity in looking to score impressed me most in the DN test. Wonder if the longer version suits him more. But we can say that about Moor too.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Pretty much this.

TimCutler

Wait.. are you the Tim Cutler? :eek:
Well, there are a few about (apparently a boxer in the UK and a dentist in USA biggest hits) - but if you mean the Hong Kong guy - yes.... I think that's the first time I've been identified with a definite article (in italics no less!). Tick!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well, there are a few about (apparently a boxer in the UK and a dentist in USA biggest hits) - but if you mean the Hong Kong guy - yes.... I think that's the first time I've been identified with a definite article (in italics no less!). Tick!
That's awesome! Welcome to the forum. I wonder if you've met ***** in person. I'm sure he'll let us know when he sees this thread if so. :p

TimCutler

That's awesome! Welcome to the forum. I wonder if you've met ***** in person. I'm sure he'll let us know when he sees this thread if so. :p
Thanks for the welcome. I won't steal his thunder...

If you ever need me for any AMAs for anything, let me know - otherwise am more than happy to roam...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
On a scale of 1 to 10 how annoyed were you at this moment?

What an amazing day

Great cricket. Fun first game and then a second game that looked thrilling and close fought until Pooran and Coetzer fell in quick succession. Still had its moments.

There was quite a bit of crazyness too. The crowd was packed and loud and it was an awesome atmosphere, everyone stormed the ground at the end of the final over (much to Tim Cutler's annoyance), and -this is insider news- the police were even called at one point

Awesome fun day. Loved it. Had a few beers after. Lots of hard work. Good fun. Great tournament. The highlight for me, however, was finally getting Peter Miller at the end of it! Not just that, but I also got his email ID and he said he's happy to come on the CricketWeb podcast sometime :)

#hype