• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** ICC World Cup Qualifiers 2018

madrid2000

Cricket Spectator
Beaten WI comfortably 3 times in Zim. Once in the warm up as well.

Pretty baffling we struggled against HK, Scotland and Zim. We should have all three games..

Thank god we got through anyway. Got lucky. Many thanks to Nepal and UAE especially.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Watching Mujeeb and Rashid and maybe Nabi too, you can imagine Afghanistan bowling out a number of Test teams cheaply at home. Tough first ask vs. India but other countries will find it difficult, Mujeeb is terrific.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Beaten WI comfortably 3 times in Zim. Once in the warm up as well.

Pretty baffling we struggled against HK, Scotland and Zim. We should have all three games..

Thank god we got through anyway. Got lucky. Many thanks to Nepal and UAE especially.
Are you from Afghanistan?

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I love watching Afghanistan play, it's a real pure unadulterated spirit they display. Plus some seriously skilled spin bowling! I must confess I wouldn't mind playing them on a surface that doesn't spin one of these days, it looks like the only way we can beat them.

I was pretty disgusted with our effort in the final to be honest. I honestly don't think we tried very hard at all. Especially in the field. Having Gayle bowl so many overs of slow off spin and leaving both Roach and Keemo Paul (who was bowling really well) with overs left is not the sign of a team that was fighting to the death. I think we should be trying our best to win every game, we have no right to coast it in any ODI, we're simply not good enough.

Seeing Gayle laughing and joking around whilst we're being beaten by Afghanistan, whilst Keemo Paul was running in and bowling bouncers desperately trying to get back in the match was also telling. I don;t find that sort of effort acceptable when we've got a whole bunch of young players learning from you.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Raza's post tournament interview was quite touching. For some reason, I feel so bad for Zimbabwe. Not sure if I would have felt this bad even if India crashed out of world cup.

SeamUp

International Coach
Raza's post tournament interview was quite touching. For some reason, I feel so bad for Zimbabwe. Not sure if I would have felt this bad even if India crashed out of world cup.
Extremely critical and basically slammed the ICC for making it a 10-team tournament right next to Swinger Richardson.