• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Sri Lanka 2016

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Well done to Australia on smashing us today..I am so glad Maxwell got runs as I can't see why he isn't a permanent fixture in the limited overs teams..I think the guy is class..

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maxwell is as talented as anyone in the game but has brain the size of a pea

Still should be one of the first picked in our short form teams as he has been instrumental in loads of victories

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm beginning to wonder if he's actually a bit too talented for his own good to perform consistently. Even when he's not scoring runs it's like he finds it too easy, and just gets out.

They should drop him every three games and make him prove a point on his return, like he did last night.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Maxwell for India tests again
I know his last test run was lol worthy but I would pick him over Mitch Marsh and get him to bat 7 yes Ashwin and Jaddu will knock him over 6-7 times off 8 but then they would do it to anyone on the rank turners that will be rolled, there is always a chance he might come up with a match defining knock once in the series something Marsh Jr will struggle to do also his bowling will have more impact then marsh on those pitches. This will be my Aus Xi for the series

Warner
Smarsh
Head
Smith
Bailey
Wade
Maxwell
Starc
Patto/Hazelwood
Lyon
Zampa

Daemon

I know his last test run was lol worthy but I would pick him over Mitch Marsh and get him to bat 7 yes Ashwin and Jaddu will knock him over 6-7 times off 8 but then they would do it to anyone on the rank turners that will be rolled, there is always a chance he might come up with a match defining knock once in the series something Marsh Jr will struggle to do also his bowling will have more impact then marsh on those pitches. This will be my Aus Xi for the series

Warner
Smarsh
Head
Smith
Bailey
Wade
Maxwell
Starc
Patto/Hazelwood
Lyon
Zampa
Why would you drop one of the few guys who didn't make an arse of himself against SL?

Xuhaib

International Coach
Why would you drop one of the few guys who didn't make an arse of himself against SL?
I don't see him as an impact player in Asia yet I will keep him in the squad and he comes in if Maxwell makes a clown of himself in the first two tests but for me in Asia he is surplus to the needs.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
They've dropped Maxwell to send him a message more than anything else. There's no way he's not being played in the first game of a World Cup if it was held tomorrow - he's worth 15 in the field as it is (maybe 20 on a big ground like the G).

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Also, it's not like he played sensibly last night or changed anything to ensure he didn't get out how he has in the past.

He just got on a roll and the bowlers had no idea what to do next.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Maxwell has the 2nd best reverse sweep I have seen, after Andy Flower (but that's only because Flower's reverse sweeps were less risky).

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Warner
Smarsh
Head
Smith
Bailey
Wade
Maxwell
Starc
Patto/Hazelwood
Lyon
Zampa
No idea why anyone would pick Head

Last year was his "breakout" year and he averaged 36 ffs!

Pick Bancroft

Gob

International Coach

Warner
Smarsh
Head
Smith
Bailey
Wade
Maxwell
Starc
Patto/Hazelwood
Lyon
Zampa
christian-bale-american-psycho.jpg

Howe_zat

Audio File
Xuhaib is winding you all up here surely

edit: I suppose he forgot Faulkner, first name on the team sheet for me

TheJediBrah

Xuhaib is winding you all up here surely

edit: I suppose he forgot Faulkner, first name on the team sheet for me
He's talking about Tests
Maxwell has the 2nd best reverse sweep I have seen, after Andy Flower (but that's only because Flower's reverse sweeps were less risky).
Flower's reverse sweeps were nothing special at all, he was just the only one who really did it back then

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm beginning to wonder if he's actually a bit too talented for his own good to perform consistently. Even when he's not scoring runs it's like he finds it too easy, and just gets out.

They should drop him every three games and make him prove a point on his return, like he did last night.
Possibly. On raw talent alone I'm struggling to think of many players in the game just now who are better, some of the shots I've seen him play are ridiculous.