• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies v India in North America

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
BTW why is Simmons not there in the side? Injured?
He is one of the crew that doesn't do 4/5 day cricket. Part of the lost generation of cricketers who the WICB treated terribly so they decided to chase the dollar instead. It's time we move on from them and put our faith in the 19-25 year olds.

Anyway, back to this match, the Indian seamers have bowled superbly in this test. Much fuller and less loose deliveries. They're making it very hard for a bunch of guys who aren't used to facing bowling that is this disciplined.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Shami running away with plenty of wickets isn't such a good sign. The same bloke was found out abroad elsewhere, and keeps running out of energy and then starts pelting loose deliveries frequently. We'd rather have Ishant getting those loads of wickets.

Beamer

Shami running away with plenty of wickets isn't such a good sign. The same bloke was found out abroad elsewhere, and keeps running out of energy and then starts pelting loose deliveries frequently. We'd rather have Ishant getting those loads of wickets.
I don't know much about his performances elsewhere, but I think India'so seamers have been immense in this match. They've bowled such a good line and length.

It does seem a case of one step forward and 2 steps back for our batting lineup. It has been technically and strategically poor. They either showed no intention to score or indulged in outright slogging. Disappointing, but they do seem to be up against a very good attack.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Credit for making the 5-man attack ploy work. Well deserved win for India and they've played great cricket for all but a couple of sessions on day 5 of the 2nd Test. Hope they make it 3-0.

Beamer

The better side won comfortably it's as simple as that. Well played India.

I'm looking forward to seeing us bowl at Port of Spain, I think we might really cause some problems when India are batting with Joseph and a confident Miguel Cummins. Unfortunately, no matter how cheaply we bowl India out we will score less.

I hope they drop Samuels and bring in Hope. If we're going to lose for a while we might as well do so with people who can learn from it and improve.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really really annoyed by Kohli's post match comments indicating Rohit is a fixture at 5. ****ing ridiculous how that **** has managed to worm his way back into the team.

Beamer

They've beaten Bangladesh a bunch of times. If we don't count them, then the last one was back in 2012 vs NZ.
Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and New Zealand.

In other words slim pickings. Test match cricket really doesn;t seem to be the priority anymore which kils me tbh. I can see an bowling attack developing which could win test matches but the batting just can;t put up enough runs.

If it goes to 2 divisions we could have absolutely no complaints about being in the 2nd tier. It's sad that we can produce so much athletic talent as a region and produce more big hitters than any other country (I've been watching our Under 19 tournament and there have been some monstrous hits) but can't produce enough people with the techinical or mental ability to bat for long enough in test cricket.

All we can do is get rid of all links to the past (e.g get rid of Samuels) and put our faith in the next generation. Lets hope they learn to bat time as a group soon. The last test indicates theres something there but I just don;t know how they are going to get them to do that more consistently. It's hard to stay optimistic. We desperately need someone to get a big hundred in Trinidad to give fans something to cheer about.

Beamer

I also have serious reservations about Jason Holders captaincy. I think leadership is ruining a potentially excellent cricketer. His body language today was awful. I think Kraigg Braithwaite might be a better option moving forward. He's established and I think is a better tactical captain as well as he has experience with Barbados.

TestMatch

U19 Cricketer
Kraigg Braithwaite's body language is shot too. The guy's a huge talent, but he just looks depressed. When everyone's failing, it infects everyone else.

Beamer

any reason why bravo isn't discussed as a captaincy option?
He has no captaincy experience at all as far as I know. He's got a lot of issues himself, like sorting his batting out to reach his potential. I'd honestly give it to Kraigg.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
some positives for the windies to take out of this series: at times they showed great promise with bat and ball, but just not in the same test

Cummins looks a great prospect, Joseph too. They managed to actually take a lot of wickets this test and restrict India to a modest total twice. They didn't even look like taking a wicket in the series against us last summer.

Their middle order played great last test and Bravo/Samuels/Braithwaite "stepped up" a little bit this test, with a fifty each from Braithwaite and Bravo and a 48 from Samuels. Yes I know it's not much but the middle order weren't there to rescue them this time so they would have scored even less runs without those 3.

So all 7 of Braithwaite/Bravo/Samuels/Holder/Blackwood/Chase/Dowrich had at least one decent innings in the last 2 tests. Just need 3-4 to happen in the same innings more often