• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Well just passing Headingly station as we speak and it's lovely weather for ducks....and it's set showery for today.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
my starting XI( and order) for us: 1: Silva 2.Dimuth 3. Mendis 4. Chandimal 5. Mathews 6. Siriwardena 7. Dickwella 8. Shanaka 9. Herath 10. Chameera. 11. Lakmal.

For me it was a close run thing as to having just one spinner in Herath and adding Thirrimanne at six to bolster the batting or this line up but I chose this as I feel that one spinner(even if it is Herath) doesn't give enough variety in the bowling..Having said that I cant see us bowling England out so may have been better to bolster the batting and try and get the draw- which I don't think will happen if I'm honest..Dilruwan for me is a decent option but I haven't seen enough in his batting to convince me that he isn't a limited overs player and take the place over Siri..

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looking at Vogue's post and Auntie Beeb's forecast it seems unlikely there'll be enough play for either side to need worry too much about losing

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
The weather forecast for Thu and Friday is not great and it's worse for Sat :-(
Good for SL - it increases the chance of a draw. I don't think they can take 20 wickets without Prasad. Maybe draw this one and then try to win the next one?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Seems like ages since the last test cricket I have watched. Been a while too with all the hit and giggle getting in the way. Just start yearning for test cricket when that happens.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Agree with Pratters.... been wanting to watch Test cricket since the end of the T20 WC.... really looking forward to this series hoping its not a blow-out (or rain-out).

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Well it's dull,misty and overcast...but it's not raining...will be passing through Headingly in about 20 mins so this being England in spring...anything could happen....

fredfertang

If it's going to be overcast maybe England can do to Sri Lanka what they did to Australia at Trent Bridge last summer

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, certainly sounds like a bowl first day.........but **** I'm itching to see Ali Cook punch out 36 runs, so I wont be too disappointed if we lose the toss tbh.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
I hope we win the toss and bowl otherwise we could be rattled out for hardly anything:unsure: I like t20 but SO glad to see the return of proper cricket...

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's been months since we've seen a quality spell of test match fast bowling, hopefully England win the toss and Anderson gets going.

fredfertang

I hope we win the toss and bowl otherwise we could be rattled out for hardly anything:unsure: I like t20 but SO glad to see the return of proper cricket...
I think if you bat first there'll be a clatter of wickets, and then your skipper will make it look like a different game