• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2015-16

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Top 4 looking increasingly unlikely. If Guardiola does go to City you wonder what United will do, can't think of an obvious target and will they spend loads of money again.
Mourinho is practically begging for the job. The board would rather stay with what we've got though.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Well in the end sacking him now is idiocy, you've still a chance of champions league football, and a new manager can't really bring in any more players in this window.
True, but he might get more out of the players who are there now.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mourinho is practically begging for the job. The board would rather stay with what we've got though.
In the end, and I know Ikki will say it means nothing, there's the whole Carneiro hearing coming up, where Chelsea may well be willing to throw Jose under the bus, so probably not the best time to hire him.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
In the end, and I know Ikki will say it means nothing, there's the whole Carneiro hearing coming up, where Chelsea may well be willing to throw Jose under the bus, so probably not the best time to hire him.
More than that, I'd be concerned about whether Mourinho's actually still any good.

Pothas

Everything is in place for him at City but they should at least try, maybe the chance to turn them around would really appeal.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
True, but he might get more out of the players who are there now.
This is what I'm thinking. All he has really done is spend tons of money to make the team hard to beat when setup defensively. I don't think that's a big achievement. His recent attempts to address the attacking play have impacted the defending badly.

If he is going in the summer anyway then why let him stay till then? Getting someone else setup who can come in might be a better plan. If he gets fired at the end of the season they have to find someone and then maybe you miss out on a large part of the transfer window.

The other thing for me is many players seem to be regressing with him in charge. Or perhaps it's the style that just stifling fun and creativity. I understand the concerns about Ryan but I can't see him being any worse to get the team to the summer.

cpr

International Coach
I just don't understand the reports that they're not/didn't going after Pep. He must've rejected them, surely.
Flat face denial of a situation that could turn really ugly if proven TBH. Basically gives LVG a gun to point at the boards head when it comes to severance, makes the club look complete ****s etc.

Ferguson's already admitted he had this convo with Pep when he was at Barca.

I reckon the board are holding onto van Gaal just long enough that Giggs doesn't have enough time to stake a claim for the job on a permanent basis when he's interim. If we don't get Pep, then we can still appoint Jose stating we wanted time to think it over etc. Sack van Gaal too early and give Giggs 10 games, and its clear we don't want Jose, give Giggs 5 and it could be sold as 'didn't see the point in rushing a decision at the end of the season'

grecian

Why is ****ing Alan Green insulting my ears on MOTD, he honestly (and I'm not exaggerating) turned me off BBC radio commentary after 30 years of being in love with it, now he's going to ruin this show? Mind you I guess I can just turn down the volume, not actually an option on radio.

cpr

International Coach
Pochettino has been recently mooted a fair bit, though maybe more to give the headlines a fresh spin.

Blanc would be the logical one of the lot, his style seems to suit us and he had a respected spell here too, though given his current job he's possibly the least likely. Just can't see Simeone here, partly due to the old Beckham incident (we have long memories and little else to think of ATM), but he's the least 'Utd like' of them

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Something that's gone a bit under the radar, Di Maria is having his best ever season at PSG. Oh well, hardly missed with all those great creators and dribblers in the current United side.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Simeone is the best of the lot but Atletico is so perfect for him, he would never do as well anywhere else. I think he knows it too.

If Pep goes to Citeh the best available option might be Pellegrini.

grecian

Simeone is the best of the lot but Atletico is so perfect for him, he would never do as well anywhere else. I think he knows it too.

If Pep goes to Citeh the best available option might be Pellegrini.
Sam Allardici clearly is the man you are all looking for.