• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia ODIs 2016

Blanco

Cricket Spectator
I am talking about the Maxi for tests movement. :)
There is no doubt he will play test cricket again. But you're right in certain conditions he may struggle. If he gets going though he can win a test of his own bat and demoralise the opposition. I think he will soon be included in the test squad consistently as he is too good an over all package.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah, he suits perfectly the mantra of this current Australia side. When do they tour India again? He will be a shoe in there even though he doesn't suit the pitches, for his bowling.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Doesn't really matter, and i doubt they ask him to open again.
IIRC, that was down to Clarke having a dummy spit at the exclusion of Hughes i.e. latter was going to bat 3 so Maxi had to as well - absolutely ridiculous

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
People need to remember that Maxwell's fc s/r is only 78 whilst his ODI s/r is in the 120s

The criticism of him at fc level (and note that the guy averages 40 odd not 10) is in shot selection not number of shots

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I dare say they've probably made the right decisions for the wrong reasons, mistakenly thinking it's still 2001 and that New Zealand wickets seam all over the place.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
People need to remember that Maxwell's fc s/r is only 78 whilst his ODI s/r is in the 120s

The criticism of him at fc level (and note that the guy averages 40 odd not 10) is in shot selection not number of shots

See the whole point is, you can only get to boss around saying I play my shot depending on the field and not the bowling for so long against only certain kinds of bowling on certain kinds of tracks. You just can't do it everywhere else, even if you are Bradman. If he plays FC cricket differently, then sure. But I always feel batting is about rhythm and if he is always getting into position based on the field in these shorter formats, it will be one hell of an effort to just suddenly change to a normal way of playing. Sorry, I think he is super talented in certain aspects but I just don't see him pulling it off.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Bird, Sayers included in New Zealand squad | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Hold the phone, Oz selectors are suddenly making some sensible decisions

Somebody take a swab
Daniel Brettig said:
Steve O'Keefe, who took 3 for 63 on Test debut, and Scott Boland were dropped from the 14-man squad for Australia's most recent Test -- the rain-marred draw in Sydney against West Indies -- to make room for Bird and Sayers.
Daniel Brettig with a wee Easter Egg there for the CWers.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kumar to Warner, FOUR not great bowling this from Bhuvneshwar. Drops this one short, and the ball just sits up for Warner to pull to the square leg boundary. Another easy boundary. Not generating enough pace to trouble Warner, either
Kumar to Warner, FOUR, what a shot that is. Fuller than a good length on off, Warner gets on top of the bounce and whips this into the gap at midwicket for four. Exemplary timing takes it to the boundary
Kumar to Warner, no run, 137 kph, full and straight. Driven to mid-on
Kumar to Warner, no run, good length on off, Warner tucks to the leg side and finds mid-on
Kumar to Warner, FOUR, poor delivery. Full and wide, swinging away too. Warner frees his hands and flays a cut to the cover boundary. Easily done. Bhuvi under a bit of early pressure
He might have to work on the bowling first