• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia ODIs 2016

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Starc
Siddle
Cummins
Behrendorff
Coulter-Nile

that's just off the top of my head. But there's still quite a few good ones available before having to resort to the Wild Thing.

Shady Slim

International Coach
smith should not be in the t20 side, bollinger though should be.

they should just pick a heap of the team on big bash form while giving others (ie warner or starc if he were uninjured) a tick for incumbency because they wouldn't need to cement their spots.

cameron white for example is probably in better batting form than finch.

doug bollinger for example is probably in better bowling form than siddle.

Spark

Global Moderator
smith should not be in the t20 side, bollinger though should be.

they should just pick a heap of the team on big bash form while giving others (ie warner or starc if he were uninjured) a tick for incumbency because they wouldn't need to cement their spots.

cameron white for example is probably in better batting form than finch.

doug bollinger for example is probably in better bowling form than siddle.
what? why not?

Top_Cat

Starc
Siddle
Cummins
Behrendorff
Coulter-Nile

that's just off the top of my head. But there's still quite a few good ones available before having to resort to the Wild Thing.
Yeah, I'm really surprised they're picking Tait. I love the guy but, despite hooning them through this year, he's taken ****-all wickets this BBL and been mashed pretty regularly. He's really not bowling well at all so can only think it's for the entertainment value/because they're playing India.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyway everyone knows both Faulkner and Kohli are cheeky ****s, not sure why it's a big deal who "started" it
Not a big deal at all. Contrary to what happens usually, the media in this case did not 'create' a controversy at all, they posted it for fun, and I shared it here for fun.

TNT used that with his self pitying "oh the whole world only blames us Aussies for everything but look here, Kohli is sledging".

That's when the 'who started' came up because it was such a rarity to see an Aussie start sledging a batsman they can't get out. Given that this is as rare as a Supermoon sighting, everyone asked in shock and disbelief who started it.

Daemon

I can only assume the Tait selection is an attempt to see how just how poor a bowling attack they can get away with in order to mock India

Daemon

Just watched Maxwell's innings. From the knocks in the WC and this one, it's pretty obvious that he's really, really aware of the fielders. That six over cover with the offside packed was just wtf.

Spark

Global Moderator
Just watched Maxwell's innings. From the knocks in the WC and this one, it's pretty obvious that he's really, really aware of the fielders. That six over cover with the offside packed was just wtf.
He's pretty open about saying that he chooses shots purely on the field, and not so much on the actual ball itself. The range of stroke you have to have to pull that off is kind of ridiculous.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Going to the game tomorrow. Am looking forward to it except the weather forecast and the fact that I am still really struggling after a massive weekend.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He's pretty open about saying that he chooses shots purely on the field, and not so much on the actual ball itself. The range of stroke you have to have to pull that off is kind of ridiculous.

I dont know. I would love to see him do that against pace or on tracks that turn or aid swing. Its the difficulty of rating him though. He is God in certain conditions but just given the way he plays and what seems to be his attitude towards batting, he is gonna suck on tracks that offer anything for the bowlers.

91Jmay

International Coach
How many of those tracks are ever seen in modern ODI cricket though? First class cricket you might have a point.