• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia ODIs 2016

TNT

Banned
Thing is Burgey, no one is even arguing till the #Ozisgreatallelsesucks brigade got on it and tried to paint a picture of it beingKohli sledging without even watching the game or an idea of the context. This is nothing. It is just banter really and Oz are kicking us so hard anyways this series they wont even remember this happened. It is just a funny addition to the various cricket banter video lists, is all...
So again tell me what Faulkner said.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
So you also do not know if or what Faulkner said, you don't know if Faulkner was talking to a teammate, Kholi, the umpire or even himself.

It doesent matter one way or another but it just fun when a story is created by the media and readers take it a gospel. Headlines make great clickbait.
Umm would be weird for Faulkner to be addressing his teammates or the umpire while looking at Kohli in the eyes just as they're both standing at the middle of the pitch less than a foot apart from wach other.

But yea dunnow what was said. Coud have also been instigated by Kohli when the cameras weren't pointed at them. It was pretty clear that Faulkner said something though, and that Kohli responded, and that the mics picked up Kohli's response and it was fairly funny.

And thats what the headlines read - basically 'look at Virats funny response'z

Idk why you're having a waah over this

TNT

Banned
No. One. Cares.
I get that, but I find it funny how a few posters are upset that I'm painting Kholi as a sledger without context, all the while they call Faulkner a sledger but don't even know what he said.

You may not get it but I find it very amusing.

TNT

Banned
Umm would be weird for Faulkner to be addressing his teammates or the umpire while looking at Kohli in the eyes just as they're both standing at the middle of the pitch less than a foot apart from wach other.

But yea dunnow what was said. Coud have also been instigated by Kohli when the cameras weren't pointed at them. It was pretty clear that Faulkner said something though, and that Kohli responded, and that the mics picked up Kohli's response and it was fairly funny.

And thats what the headlines read - basically 'look at Virats funny response'z

Idk why you're having a waah over this
I only pointed out that the media like to assign roles on the field, Aussies are the big tough bullies and the opposition are weaklings being attacked by these ogres. I got past Faulkner being called a sledger a spit second after reading the story, my "sledge"as against the media and how they portray the opposition as poor innocent victims. Maybe they deserve the tag.

cnerd123

likes this
I only pointed out that the media like to assign roles on the field, Aussies are the big tough bullies and the opposition are weaklings being attacked by these ogres. I got past Faulkner being called a sledger a spit second after reading the story, my "sledge"as against the media and how they portray the opposition as poor innocent victims. Maybe they deserve the tag.
Yea no, I didn't see any of this.

But whatever floats your boat I guess.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Because it's pretty clear from the situation that Faulkner had been asking Kohli to come after him and stop playing so defensively. Australia also are quite proud of their sledging and putting the opposition under pressure. This is an example of an opposition player who is definitely a bit of a cheeky bugger himself coming off with a slightly witty retort.

This is all in good spirit. Faulkner's not cursing, hes only commenting on whats taking place on the field, in the contest between batsman and bowler.

If anyone thinks Faulkner was a jerk here they're crazy. Nothing wrong with any of that at all, but he clearly was talking to Kohli in this particular exchange.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
*looks at keyboard*

w (I'm with you, this is a good start, thats the one you wanted)
e (okay, not the "a" we were after, but hey, it's pretty close, I'll let it slide)
i (we're back on track, awesome stuff)
g ( one below "t", , the words now a mess, wait into weig, yikes maybe you're distracted. fair enough. You'll notice it in a second)
h (oh.)
t (yeah. nah.)
lmao you're not exactly proving me wrong

Athlai

Not Terrible
lmao you're not exactly proving me wrong
I was being facetious, a typo is the expression used for when you mistype something. Keying in the wrong letters, improper keystrokes. There is a real term for what you did, but we prefer to affectionately refer to it as a "Hughesy".

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Everyone shut the **** up with the bull**** feuding and inane rambling about whether Kohli was 'responding' to something or not.

Any more personal insults, meta-analysis of other people's posting, or comments on the state of their lives or relationship with 'facts' is copping 8 points; I, and presumably the extreme majority of the forum, are sick of this.

[/mod]

On the topic of the actual match, lol Maxwell. Predicted that dismissal the ball before it happened, he's basically beyond self-parody at this point.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not that there's anything wrong with it (I come from the AB/Burgey School of Sledge if you've got 'em) but Kohli was definitely amongst the most vocal last night and generally is

However, most of his were directed at his own team-mates

Anyway, I'm not up with Indian cricket politics but can someone explain to me why Kohli isn't the ODI captain

He appears to be the driving force behind the team on the field whilst Dhoni just meanders about even when some of his players deserve a rocket

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
can we talk about how ****ing stupid the selection of tait is. the only reason it's not the worst thing ever is that all the other fast bowlers in the squad are boring