• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

91Jmay

International Coach
Nah I haven't been watching -- genuine question to see whether he'd actually threatening batsmen or if he'd just slotted into an economical role. Love me some Woakes, really want him to do well here.
Ha fair enough I am very protective. He looked good with new ball but lacked penetration with older ball (although Morkel is only seamer who hasn't really to be fair on this pitch)

cnerd123

likes this
If you're just coming back from a series where you have been torn apart and had your innards put on display by spin bowling, the mere sight of a slow bowler may be enough to put you out of your zone.

Moeen's got plenty of scars he can expose here.
Called it.

Didnt actually watch any of todays play yet but I want to believe that Faf and Duminy let the memories of India get to them when facing Moeen.

Honestly didn't expect England to be dominating the first tho. This is impressive, especially in light of all the thrashing visiting sides have been receiving in the last couple of years.

Also Elgar, WAFG.

greg

International Debutant
Worst. no ball review. ever.
I haven't seen it but was listening on the radio where they said that for some strange reason they initially looked at a funny angle rather than side on to the front line. Given that Finn was bowling round the wicket, is it possible that they were actually checking for a back foot noball?

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
I haven't seen it but was listening on the radio where they said that for some strange reason they initially looked at a funny angle rather than side on to the front line. Given that Finn was bowling round the wicket, is it possible that they were actually checking for a back foot noball?
Yes they were checking the back foot. It was well inside though. Only issue was the fact it took forever.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They were but it was nowhere even close to being that.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm in my "what would you take from a batsman you don't rate at all" Zone. Would be quite happy with a 20 from Hales now, would use up some of the new ball, and push us further ahead.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Nah I haven't been watching -- genuine question to see whether he'd actually threatening batsmen or if he'd just slotted into an economical role. Love me some Woakes, really want him to do well here.
He actually looked the most threatening against Elgar yesterday IMO.