• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool A - Australia, England, Wales, Fiji, Uruguay

91Jmay

International Coach
BP win and point differential flattered us massively, dire in almost all aspects. Backs look sharp when get ball, Barritt terrible. I would start Burgess next game.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
BP win and point differential flattered us massively, dire in almost all aspects. Backs look sharp when get ball, Barritt terrible. I would start Burgess next game.
I am a Barrit fan and won't hear a word said against him. He was fine and his professional foul was well judged too.

Burgess looked OK too but wasn't out there long enough for me to note him one way or the other.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Summed up fairly well. We were sloppy for most of the game. Hopefully that was just nerves and it will get better against the tougher sides in the next two Saturdays. I can't see Burgess starting in either of the next two games though. Think he is going to be used as an impact sub in the last 20 minutes to try and cause havoc.

91Jmay

International Coach
Rewatching game and at breakdown we get destroyed. Seriously concerning, Pocock is going to be salivating. Haskell for Wood to give us more grunt, Launchbury great at breakdown as well. Him in for Lawes if Parling is ok.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rewatching game and at breakdown we get destroyed. Seriously concerning, Pocock is going to be salivating. Haskell for Wood to give us more grunt, Launchbury great at breakdown as well. Him in for Lawes if Parling is ok.
It's a difficult one for England as from what I have seen/read, they have weakened the scrum for the sake of mobility around the field and don't have a Sheridan-type prop to fall back on in the squad.

Furthermore, their back-row looked slow as anything but again, they don't have a flyer in the squad to call up

91Jmay

International Coach
The scrum will be fine in this group, neither Wales/Aus have a dominant set piece. We picked backrowers who are far to similar. Having the best 7 in Europe last two years watching the WC from France really rankles as well.

91Jmay

International Coach
England team leaked.

Joseph injured for a week (massive loss) and Ford dropped for Farrell. Burgess in for JJ.

I feel sick, awful negative selections. We have no craft or guile in the midfield, all grunt and power now.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
England team leaked.

Joseph injured for a week (massive loss) and Ford dropped for Farrell. Burgess in for JJ.

I feel sick, awful negative selections. We have no craft or guile in the midfield, all grunt and power now.
I'm not trying to sound rude but has England had any craft or guile since Jeremy Guscott retired? I admit Will Greenwood was also a good player but he was a very direct midfielder.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
wallabies backrow would have to be very close to best in the world right now

91Jmay

International Coach
I'm not trying to sound rude but has England had any craft or guile since Jeremy Guscott retired? I admit Will Greenwood was also a good player but he was a very direct midfielder.
I'd advise you to watch Jonathan Joseph and George Ford in the 6NS then get back to me.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Could someone who maybe understands the intricacies of the sport a bit better than me explain why the **** we didn't just kick the 3 at the end there? I mean it just seems like a mind-bogglingly stupid decision for a team who were on the back foot for most of the second half.

Spark

Global Moderator
Could someone who maybe understands the intricacies of the sport a bit better than me explain why the **** we didn't just kick the 3 at the end there? I mean it just seems like a mind-bogglingly stupid decision for a team who were on the back foot for most of the second half.
gotta be prepared to lose to win

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It was a Warnesque decision

Not that I'm a rugby expert. I watch world cups, six nations and miscellaneous elsewhere.

But you know. A draw is better than a defeat. Especially to the ****ing Welsh.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean we had our chance to push for a try straight after the Welsh injury problems but instead half-assed a penalty. By this stage we were behind and lucky to get the chance to pull back for a draw.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Dire beyond belief. I was naive enough to believe that Lancaster had been reasonably successful in rooting out the indiscipline that's endemic to our national rugger side, but tonight was just a throwback to the dark ages under Johnson. Every time the Welsh threatened the ****wits conceded 3 points. On top of which we threw away two decent attacking positions the same way. Do they not know the rules? Or are they simply too arrogant to realise that they apply to them? Not being a huge fan of the sport, I made the mistake of attending a big screen event tonight. Bad move, which I won't be repeating for the Aus match. At least the tourny will be watchable after the Wallabies do the decent thing in 7 days time.

Spark

Global Moderator
Didn't realise Shane was our sports psychologist.
It was a Warnesque decision

Not that I'm a rugby expert. I watch world cups, six nations and miscellaneous elsewhere.

But you know. A draw is better than a defeat. Especially to the ****ing Welsh.
In fairness it would have been a tough kick, and they completely ****ed up the lineout and made it far too easy for Wales to push them over the touchline.