• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Trent Bridge

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Like his supposed prowess against spin, its one of the greatest myths of this generation.

Another Ashes series lost with him in charge, but heh at least he set some funky fields now and then.
LOL true. I think Shane Warne's championing of Clarke for the last 4 years has a lot to do with it.. He makes him come across as a 'cool' captain as opposed to 'boring' Misbah, Dhoni and Cook.
And Warne does influence our generation of fans a lot

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In fairness how would you bowl if you're defending 60?
They don't have to bowl England out for 60. Under 150 would keep the game alive, since you'd expect Australia to have the better of second-innings conditions. It's hardly out of the question, seaming conditions and ****e England batting.

Or they could just give up, which seems to be what teams do when behind in an Ashes test these days.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Yep and that's still possible, TB always give you a chance. But if you go for gold, a 300+ lead is on the cards.
yes.

it's your first over of the innings, i'd be more focused on bowling in one spot before thinking about jaffas. Jaffas happen, you don't try to make them happen imo.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They don't have to bowl England out for 60. Under 150 would keep the game alive, since you'd expect Australia to have the better of second-innings conditions. It's hardly out of the question, seaming conditions and ****e England batting.

Or they could just give up, which seems to be what teams do when behind in an Ashes test these days.
Well true, but I'm just not certain that bowling properly will be enough to keep it to around 150. Maybe I just lack faith though and I've grown up on Australian wickets too much.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Shortest length of innings in terms of number of balls.

We were four down by the end of the same period England have batted for so far.

heh.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can we bring the Kiwis back for the final Test have a deciding match against an half-decent side?