• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forum sweepstake: Who will be James Anderson's 400th Test wicket?

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
James Anderson would manage to get 6 wickets in the 1st Test against NZ and 5 in the next.In doing so,he's likely to get either Trent Boult or Southee out

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kohli (if you mean who will he dismiss 400 times)
Clarke to be his 400th
Agreed. In Australia's only innings at The Oval, caught on the long on boundary for 265 with the score at 7/685 an hour before tea on day two. When asked why he holed out so carelessly, Clarke replied "We're 4-0 up and there's no way we could lose this Test either, so I thought I'd try and hit the chump out of the ground".

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Wow - surely this is Anderson's best ever performance away from England. Well done to him. I always thought he was a home track bully, but this is outstanding. Can he get a 10-fer here?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow - surely this is Anderson's best ever performance away from England. Well done to him. I always thought he was a home track bully, but this is outstanding. Can he get a 10-fer here?
Ashes we won away he probably bowled better without the rewards. This and the tour to India when we won (Cook's silly series) are his best away performances behind that. Probably getting a bit of the luck this series he never got in the other two.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Gonna admit I haven't seen any of his spell today, but his stuff in Adelaide 10, and Kolkata and Nagpur in 2012 would be pretty hard to top, even if his figures weren't as impressive then. None of those games had anything in them for the seamer, bar maybe Kolkata assisting reverse quite a bit.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Seem to remember him having a great game in Sri Lanka a few years ago too, when he was probably peaking. This is rightup there though, yeah.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Oh, how could I forget that. He was immense in both games that series. The start of 2010 Pakistan series, to the end of that series was probably his peak 18 months.