• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar Autobiography Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ganguly laughed as he recalled an incident against Pakistan when he was struggling to score and had requested Tendulkar to take strike, something that he detested. "I remember I wasn't scoring runs taking strike, so I walked up to him, 'Sach, can you take strike?' I was struggling to score runs so just to change the luck, two or three games. He said, 'No, no, no. I have never done that. You do it.' So I said, fine, I will do it.

"I was the only captain who had to ask from my player, 'can I do this?' No, I am serious. And so one day when we walked out, I was pretty annoyed. Come on, for one day you can do it! But I didn't say anything. We walked up, we just walked past each other and I went up and stood at the non-striker's end. And then, just find your place wherever you want to play. And then, he took guard and went to play. I think he got some runs."

:laugh! Cop that on the nut Sachin. Love Ganguly's unashamed dickness. What a man. Don't mess with the Prince of Calcutta biatch.

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm just disappointed that I wasn't here when Monkeygate actually happened. That had to be a fun time :p

Anyway, it happened so long ago that I think most people laugh about it now. Even though it hurt like a bitch. I think it's got to be really hard for the players involved though. That's a scar that'll never heal, and I'm dead sure every player from both teams still has a vault locked in somewhere within themselves that's just waiting to be opened to spill out their venom at the other camp. Just an endless pool of poison.

Regarding the bolded line, I never thought about that. ****ing hilarious and true. :lol: Someone please point this out to Sachin to avoid a Sydney 2014 ffs.
Was literally WW3 on here. Never seen such animosity and looking at the posts in this thread the Aussies are still suffering from sandy vag disease. That VB series that we won felt almost as good as winning the World T20 and World Cup.

duffer

LOL @ Got_Spin. Complete inability to understand the team he supports and wahhs over when they lose has some of the biggest flogs cricket has ever seen. Get some perspective. Your team's coach is on record for racially abusing a player ffs.

EDIT: Actually he just abused the whole Sri Lankan team, not a single player.
Heh. Unplayable.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was literally WW3 on here. Never seen such animosity and looking at the posts in this thread the Aussies are still suffering from sandy vag disease. That VB series that we won felt almost as good as winning the World T20 and World Cup.
some may even go so far as to call it a revenge series

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
LOL @ Got_Spin. Complete inability to understand the team he supports and wahhs over when they lose has some of the biggest flogs cricket has ever seen. Get some perspective. Your team's coach is on record for racially abusing a player ffs.

EDIT: Actually he just abused the whole Sri Lankan team, not a single player.
Dont really understand the connection to be honest.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Yes. Its not at all easy to play under the sort of pressure he was playing. Be it when he was at his peak or during the last two years during the whole "He should retire!" phase. You need a medium to vent it out ultimately.
'He should retire!' phase started 10 years before he retired tbh. The infamous 'Endulkar' article came in 2003/04, and Ian Chappell's 'mirror mirror on the wall' on 2007. Manjrekar's 'elephant in the room' was perhaps even before Ian's piece.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not to mention that half of the posts aimed at tearing him down are in "jest". Just fairly dire really.
Why does the Jonometer* go into overdrive whenever someone says something other than fulsome in praise of Tendulkar?

*the internationally recognised scale for self righteous indignation.

uvelocity

International Coach
Sachin is a gentleman and fine example of a human being. he played straight and whatever he said it the book must be accepted as a fact.Moize ghadially

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Disappointing that there was nothing in the book addressing allegations that he is a homosexual.

harsh.ag

The rumors I have heard are those of rampant philandering. The affairs being bisexual would just be the cherry on top.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ganguly laughed as he recalled an incident against Pakistan when he was struggling to score and had requested Tendulkar to take strike, something that he detested. "I remember I wasn't scoring runs taking strike, so I walked up to him, 'Sach, can you take strike?' I was struggling to score runs so just to change the luck, two or three games. He said, 'No, no, no. I have never done that. You do it.' So I said, fine, I will do it.

"I was the only captain who had to ask from my player, 'can I do this?' No, I am serious. And so one day when we walked out, I was pretty annoyed. Come on, for one day you can do it! But I didn't say anything. We walked up, we just walked past each other and I went up and stood at the non-striker's end. And then, just find your place wherever you want to play. And then, he took guard and went to play. I think he got some runs."

:laugh! Cop that on the nut Sachin. Love Ganguly's unashamed dickness. What a man. Don't mess with the Prince of Calcutta biatch.
Haha that's gun!