• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar Autobiography Thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It is too much water under the bridge. I don't care who said what. My memory of SRT will be his strokes.

PS - Find it a bit ironic Tendulkar says voices of so many of these former players is not important and gives it space then in his book. Hadn't he made his point already with his runs..

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
It is too much water under the bridge. I don't care who said what. My memory of SRT will be his strokes.

PS - Find it a bit ironic Tendulkar says voices of so many of these former players is not important and gives it space then in his book. Hadn't he made his point already with his runs..
Well thats absolute crap about it being water under the bridge though. Tendulkar is the one out and about spraying and praying

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm just disappointed that I wasn't here when Monkeygate actually happened. That had to be a fun time :p

Anyway, it happened so long ago that I think most people laugh about it now. Even though it hurt like a bitch. I think it's got to be really hard for the players involved though. That's a scar that'll never heal, and I'm dead sure every player from both teams still has a vault locked in somewhere within themselves that's just waiting to be opened to spill out their venom at the other camp. Just an endless pool of poison.

Regarding the bolded line, I never thought about that. ****ing hilarious and true. :lol: Someone please point this out to Sachin to avoid a Sydney 2014 ffs.
I thought you were here under a different guise.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Can a mod please change the thread title to "Tendulkar's Autobiography"? Greg is not that important.

Otherwise we'll have to create a new thread to discuss other aspects of the autobiography.

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
Sachin doesn't need to create any controversy to make his book sell, nor would the money earned from it mean much to him,
Going after Greg and others can be harmful and backfire, the kind of image which he has had for years would be at stake. Don't think he would stir such controversies for no reason.

To all the posters who are raising the ball tampering issue and not replying when someone gives a proper reasoning as to why Sachin wasn't guilty. Please go through the whole incident before commenting. In fact there is clear reasoning in this thread itself which indicates that Sachin wasn't guilty.

And talking about the Monkeygate incident. There was no evidence which proved whether Harbhajan used a racial slur. Please stop behaving as if the whole incident was crystal clear.
The "so-called" Indian posters on CW and some of the others are just trying to attack Sachin for no reason. The things mentioned in the biography describe his point of view, he might be right or wrong, but just attacking him in every possible way is not correct.
Relax, man. I am quite sure none of the Indians here dislike Sachin. Its their way of trolling. Same with Rob in his youtube accounts. Its fecking obvious the guy is trolling. Why take the baits? Just ignore and move on like a boss! The more you bite, the more they will troll. :ph34r:

Athlai

Not Terrible
It's pretty clear that the money on the book is important though. I don't think he is going out of his way to create controversy, but look at the panel on the book release. It's fairly obvious that they're pushing for this book to be as big a success as possible. Fair enough too, not often we get to see Cricket Legends get their just rewards.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's pretty clear that the money on the book is important though. I don't think he is going out of his way to create controversy, but look at the panel on the book release. It's fairly obvious that they're pushing for this book to be as big a success as possible. Fair enough too, not often we get to see Cricket Legends get their just rewards.
Nah, it's not about the money. Sachin is ****loads rich, and can get richer at the drop of a hat if he wants to.

To me, this just seems to be about how he has a lot of stuff bottled inside which he just couldn't afford to say while playing for India owing to his demi-godliness. It seems as if all the major people involved with Indian cricket have an acute sense of how he has deliberately and (it seems) with difficulty not spoken out, and they are there to back him up fully now that he can.

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
Nah, it's not about the money. Sachin is ****loads rich, and can get richer at the drop of a hat if he wants to.

To me, this just seems to be about how he has a lot of stuff bottled inside which he just couldn't afford to say while playing for India owing to his demi-godliness. It seems as if all the major people involved with Indian cricket have an acute sense of how he has deliberately and (it seems) with difficulty not spoken out, and they are there to back him up fully now that he can.
Yes. Its not at all easy to play under the sort of pressure he was playing. Be it when he was at his peak or during the last two years during the whole "He should retire!" phase. You need a medium to vent it out ultimately.

Athlai

Not Terrible

Yeah and he is dropping his hat and venting at the same time. Win-win.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LOL @ Got_Spin. Complete inability to understand the team he supports and wahhs over when they lose has some of the biggest flogs cricket has ever seen. Get some perspective. Your team's coach is on record for racially abusing a player ffs.

EDIT: Actually he just abused the whole Sri Lankan team, not a single player.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don't think you appreciate how rich Tendulkar is, tbh :p
I'm aware he has hundreds of millions. But yeah, I think you need to keep in mind that when you have lots of money life is generally a lot more expensive and he no doubt has a lot more people to take care of.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
So this pious, hear no evil see no evil speak no evil persona he cultivated for twenty five years was just so much bull**** then. I think I prefer KP who unfailingly put foot in mouth for all his playing career and continues doing so to this day.

"so-called" Indian posters. Idiot.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh, man this is great. This is like Austin shedding the Ringmaster rubbish and becoming an S.O.B.

You sit there and you blurt abuses and, your mental disintegration and it didn't get you anywhere. Talk about your Bensons, Your Bucknor 3:16, Well Sachin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass

Indian cricket's attitude era is underway. #ThankYouSachin
:laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Man andyc picked it, Sachin has gone to town in his book and is going at every prick who has ever wronged him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
And its a fair point anyway. If Tendulkar wants to complain so bitterly about a couple decisions that went against his team 8 years ago it just reinforces the stupidity of his oposition towards the review system.
Yeah its massively hypocritical. Weird thing is the system saved him in the WC semi vs. Pakistan and yet he still hates it.