• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar Autobiography Thread

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I was at Eden Gardens throughout Laxman-Dravid partnership, and then the fifth day. It was right after my standard X board exam.

#goosebumps

Spark

Global Moderator
In all honesty this is true. England made that 2011 World Cup awesome. Their games vs. India, Ireland, Bangladesh, South Africa and West Indies were all absolutely brilliant.
never forget when bagapath went home halfway through the south africa match

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Perhaps it's not wise to be opening up this can of worms here again, but so be it. I was at a friend's place last night, and somehow we began watching the Tehelka match fixing tapes from back in the day.

One of the reasons people like me, and in general most of India, love Sachin Tendulkar and believe in his honesty so much is because of what happened in the dark phase of Indian cricket in the 90s.

The Indian cricket team was one of the mainstays of match fixing, with Azhar being the kingpin. All the top people agreed that everyone was up for sale, apart from Sachin... There was absolutely no way to tell which match was fixed and which not. Officials were simply questioning the idea of cricket, and most wondered how someone like Sachin was going to survive in this setup.

There were times when Sachin would get to hear from someone that tomorrow's match was fixed and India was going to lose, and so and so batsmen were going to throw their wickets away. And he would say to that official that I am going to win the match. And he did sometimes...

It has become so much better today, that people don't realize it. The one thing of which I am sure is that today the situation is much, much better.

Back then, Sachin was the only certainty, he was the only man everyone trusted. I know it sounds like I am making too much of a deal, but for a cricket crazy people like me, that was a huge thing. Until he was there, there was hope, not for India winning, but for India not completely succumbing to the monster that was match fixing.
Does he talk about this in his book. Strange to leave it out if so

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I heard he talked about his innings at Perth and in particular how you have to be careful because the edges will carry all through the test but you can score very quickly

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Does he talk about this in his book. Strange to leave it out if so
I can only speculate. Perhaps because none of it was ever brought to fact. Perhaps because it was such a dark time, and he doesn't want to undermine the 90s for the average Indian fan (who didn't see the Tehelka tapes). His words carry so much weight. He has to be mindful I guess.

uvelocity

International Coach
I heard he talked about his innings at Perth and in particular how you have to be careful because the edges will carry all through the test but you can score very quickly
did he mention the old dog track at the gabba in his book

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tendulkar's viewpoint re referrals is bull****. Why should there not be referrals till they are not standardised. We can't get every thing right but we can get some things right, hey.

Kirkut

International Regular
On that ball tampering debate, I would say only Tendulkar knows the reality while we fans would keep speculating.

Besides, are there any mentions in his book about his favourite cricket pitches, ground atmosphere and innings?

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
I bought the book. So many times ive grabbed Steve Waugh's book to re-read a chapter that had great info in it on various topics, fair to say i wont be re-reading any part of Statchin's book.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Surprised you have time to read and re-read books, considering you spend so much time intentionally trolling Indians on twitter and youtube. Must be time consuming.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
HIs whinging on the declaration was extremely poor form.. He was comparing his snail paced effort at Multan with the declaration looming to Dravid bashing 91 off 114 at Sydney, in partnership with Sachin who was striking 10 points lower than Dravid even in that innings..

Otherwise, it is as dull as his interviews at his pomp.. Talks a lot, says nothing :)