• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Scholes is so uncomfortable speaking on camera but what he says is well worth listening to. Scathing on Arsenal, shares my views on Wilshere

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yes but it happens when the goal is scored early...hence it's psychological
Yeah, but being able to cope with being to cope with psychological aspects of the game is equally as important as the physical for mine. I get what you are saying, but if a team is so concerned with the damaging effects scoring a goal might have that they'd actually prefer not to score, I think that indicates... Well I'm not sure what it indicates really, but nothing good.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
He's only out for a few weeks. Just like Rosicky was...and Shane Bond.
Think I count the number of "setbacks" at four so far. Seriously, Arsenal are terrible at estimating how long someone will be out. I remember when we once heard Wilshere would be out for a few weeks; didn't play for 15 months. No one ever comes back earlier than expected either. It's just soul destroying.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, but being able to cope with being to cope with psychological aspects of the game is equally as important as the physical for mine. I get what you are saying, but if a team is so concerned with the damaging effects scoring a goal might have that they'd actually prefer not to score, I think that indicates... Well I'm not sure what it indicates really, but nothing good.
Well the risk/reward of 3 points over 1 at 0-0 builds an attacking instinct, go ahead and suddenly the situation is flipped. If you're a poor side you start ****ting yourself about throwing that lead away and dig in. And then when you're 2-1 down you've suddenly no time to change the mentality.

I mean there's never a bad time to score but if you asked me would I rather the whites take the lead with one minute gone or left,it's the latter every time and not just because of the emotional release of a late winner but because I'd be much more confident of us bagging the points

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Think I count the number of "setbacks" at four so far. Seriously, Arsenal are terrible at estimating how long someone will be out. I remember when we once heard Wilshere would be out for a few weeks; didn't play for 15 months. No one ever comes back earlier than expected either. It's just soul destroying.
Yeah, seen it all before. Djourou, Vermaelen, Wilshere, Rosicky, Diaby, Ramsey, Van Persie - they've all spent prolonged periods out, most of them for periods almost a year long, after supposedly only being out for a matter of weeks.

I remember Uppercut mentioning this ages ago, but like you say, Arsenal's ability to predict the duration of injuries seems to be absolutely terrible.

Annoyingly I never remember Clichy, Eboue, Senderos, Cygan or Silvestre spending much time injured.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You can't blame the medical team for Wilshere's sore nose tbf

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
****ing hell, if Moyes gets any more stress lines on his face he'll be able to play Palpatine in any Star Wars remakes.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Haha I might be biased but the most enjoyable part of the night for me was Scholes' punditry. Genuinely lolled when he just said "meh, fairly typical week for Arsenal really". Fairly critical of certain United players as well, who we haven't heard the likes of Neville criticising. Quite refreshing.