• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Nah you can score too soon but not when you're as good as City
It makes no sense. A goal is a rare enough event that there is no situation in which you'd rather be drawing 0-0 than winning 1-0 even taking into account any "provoking a response" or whatever there might be. If it were the case, for starters, the logical thing for teams to do would be to miss on purpose.

Can Moyes please just **** off once and for all.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Everton almost sealed Europa Cup spot and given themselves a great chance of Champions league now. That match with Arsenal is huge now.

As for United, looks like only way they get european football next season is to win the Champions League, No europe for them then.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cheers Oldham. **** result for us but still in a great position, they were never going to let me relax though.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
haha, so Torquay almost down and you might have stopped the other lot making playoffs. Doesn't get much better than that.
Meh, Torquay are an irrelevance, mind you won't mind them going down. First double over the slime since the aforementioned year though, I went to both matches then though, just shows once you become fairweather with games you start missing great deeds.

Those 800 lucky few will have had a great time, but a nervy travail to the station/Car, all the worse in the dark.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It makes no sense. A goal is a rare enough event that there is no situation in which you'd rather be drawing 0-0 than winning 1-0 even taking into account any "provoking a response" or whatever there might be. If it were the case, for starters, the logical thing for teams to do would be to miss on purpose.

Can Moyes please just **** off once and for all.
Nah it's purely psychological but I've seen us cagey as **** after an early goal in a way we don't seem to when it comes a bit later in the game. There's also the fact that if you score later and go cagey then you don't have to defend for as long.

It shouldn't matter and I don't think it does for good teams but at the level I watch, early goals can then kill a team's performance.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Nah it's purely psychological but I've seen us cagey as **** after an early goal in a way we don't seem to when it comes a bit later in the game. There's also the fact that if you score later and go cagey then you don't have to defend for as long.

It shouldn't matter and I don't think it does for good teams but at the level I watch, early goals can then kill a team's performance.
That's down to the team rather than the goal though, imo.