• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha I might be biased but the most enjoyable part of the night for me was Scholes' punditry. Genuinely lolled when he just said "meh, fairly typical week for Arsenal really". Fairly critical of certain United players as well, who we haven't heard the likes of Neville criticising. Quite refreshing.
Yeah his voice is painful but he was good value in terms of what he had to say

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Raphael Honigstein on Bayern said:
The game at the Olympic stadium, while unspectacular and entirely predictable in its outcome, offered an instructive snapshot of the way Bayern have improved on what appeared an unimprovable last season: 82.4% of possession again marked a new best since records began 10 years ago. And there's no point in wondering whether other teams might have kept the ball better in the more distant past: no one has played that way before. Bayern passed the ball 1,078 times on Tuesday night to become the first Bundesliga team to notch up four figures. Captain Philipp Lahm, who was once again moved into midfield by Guardiola, epitomised Bayern's abnormal perfection on the ball. He played 134 passes and completed all of them.
Haha, wow.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Eliot Richards > Gareth Bale

Never lost faith!
Was getting close to being faithless, I'll admit. Northampton a big down in the last few years. Yet I was always saying give Tis to the end of the season, but as you know I hate the Conference with a vengeance, and one of the reasons I have faith in Tis is he got us out of it on a nothing-budget, but if we'd gone back in all bets are off.

Richards for Gow was an interesting decision, clearly financial problems were at its core, it caused a predictable hysterical over-reaction amongst the usual suspects, but it's been a masterstroke.

What did I feel at the time? Well I've fallen off the Gow bandwagon awhile ago, yes he's talented, yes he does things others can't, but there's a reason his career is going nowhere. He's not actually lazy though, many people call skilful players this he's just totally unable to see pragmatism in his play, if he has an off-day he just keeps on trying to do the special things, and when it's not working it's almost worse than playing with ten men, your playing with ten men and a bloke that's likely to give away possession at all times. Yet on his day he's much too good for this division. There was a Poll on Exeweb, when I was reading it, asking who was better Harley or Gow, and it's a ridiculous question. Ryan could be lazy, could look not bothered, but his delivery from set-pieces even in those games, meant that often the times you were raving at him he'd win you the ****ing game.

Yet I wasn't wildly excited about Richards, just looked like the type of player we've got in abundance. I may have been wrong.

Really hope next year will be the season of the yoof player coming through, hope we can keep hold of Grimes, the kid has an awesome first touch, and great vision. Nichols is looking good, and there are others that were involved in our u-21 cup run, that look like they can make a step-up, time to just get rid of some older players, and let them be replaced by potential money-makers.

I'd apologize to the rest of you ****s about boring you over this Exeter post, but most of you bore me about your teams constantly, so meh.

grecian

Yeah well done Moyesy they've all aged miraculously in a year, well less than that really, because you were playing ****e at the start of the season, so I guess it was a a couple of months that started a team that pissed the Prem to being average.

BTW how is Jose defending Moyes there, in fact it could almost be the other way round?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
BTW how is Jose defending Moyes there, in fact it could almost be the other way round?
Tbf the quote I see is only talking about Ferguson. I still think Mourinho harbours to manage United which could be behind that. (EDIT: Ignore that, just seen the Moyes quotes. Disagree with Mourinho, his comments about specifically Moyes seem strange).

I agree with him regarding Ferguson tbh, the criticism of Ferguson has been ridiculous. I've been one of the ones who has criticised him for his choice of successor but after all he is the one who turned us from a so-called sleeping giant into an actual footballing giant. Picking the wrong successor (IMO) is a fairly minor error relative to that.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Really looking forward to the M̶o̶y̶e̶s̶ ̶f̶l̶a̶g̶/̶p̶l̶a̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ games tonight.

grecian

Tbf the quote I see is only talking about Ferguson. I still think Mourinho harbours to manage United which could be behind that. (EDIT: Ignore that, just seen the Moyes quotes. Disagree with Mourinho, his comments about specifically Moyes seem strange).

I agree with him regarding Ferguson tbh, the criticism of Ferguson has been ridiculous. I've been one of the ones who has criticised him for his choice of successor but after all he is the one who turned us from a so-called sleeping giant into an actual footballing giant. Picking the wrong successor (IMO) is a fairly minor error relative to that
Yep he made the odd bad decision at United, Djemba Djemba, Veron and the like, but they were far out-weighed by the good. TBH it isn't actually his decision, Moyes, it was just his suggestion, it's the boards decision.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yeah the whole plane thing is ****ing idiotic, whatever your views on Moyes. Whoever thought it was a good idea on any level? It's backfired on their intentions anyway because it's just going to give Moyes more support.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
This co-commentator is painful.

EDIT: Haha, wow, right on cue he calls Young 'Ashley Cole' about five times in five seconds.

Last edited: