• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh & Sri Lanka 2013

Mike5181

International Captain
Anderson/Neesham are proper bowlers in this format. Not quite up to the Mills/Mitch/Southee level, but more than useful. It all just looks a bit weird on paper with a billion allrounders.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah pretty much. None of them should ever be the third best bowler in the side; there is absolutely no need to sacrifice the bowling that much to have Nathan McCullum batting 9, especially when Mills and Southee can have a swipe anyway. Anderson and Neesham actually went okay with the ball in Bangladesh but long term it's a terrible balance; you shouldn't just be looking at get 50 overs worth of frontline bowling in the side, but in fact actually fielding a quality attack.
I'd pick one of the allrounders for now because Mills-Southee-Mitch are our best three, but I think Neesham will get to a point where he justifies his place on bowling alone. Anderson might, depending on if he cbf. After the world cup and McCullum's retirement (bad back, won't make 2019 - surely he'll call it a day and focus on the whites) I'd pick both at 6-7.

Tell you what though, Mitch M keeps bowling wides this summer and he might find Anderson is the number one left armer. Mitch should get a lot of grace after his amazing start though, and the selectors knew what they were picking.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I know you guys hate Devcich and Munro (I actually don't mind either), but boy, Rob Nicol is someone I really can't stand. He makes that Bangladeshi pinch hitter look like Brian Lara.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Did Danny Morrison just invent the word "perfectionery"? Oh dear, I think I feel the red mist descending...

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
This ground is in the middle of nowhere, right? What's the thinking behind that?
This underdeveloped area was hit hard by the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami and is undergoing a number of major development projects including the construction of a new sea port and international airport. These projects and others such as Hambantota Cricket Stadium are said to form part of the government's plan to transform Hambantota into the second major urban hub of Sri Lanka, away from Colombo.

vandem

International 12th Man
Difference in experience may be a record for NZ? SL team has 1607 ODI caps vs NZ 324, almost 5:1 ratio.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah I see. Wow, that seems like pretty major planning from a government. I wonder how successful it will be.
I think they had the audacity to bid for the 2018 commonwealth games or something as well, bit of an oasis atm by the sounds of i t

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
SL must be pretty confident in their bowling, since the CT they've been picking 7 batsmen quite regularly, either that or they want to blood Chandi and Thirri without pushing out the old guys