• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Up for a middle of the night score-check and 125/3 seems a decent effort. Southee looks to be bowling well and Boult's wickets were impressive. Very pleased to see Brownlie took a good catch in the slips - that'll do a lot for his confidence there after the drop in Auckland.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ugh hate those. They should really be out. It's as out as it's possible to be under DRS without being given out.
I'm only just tuning in (wtf @ the run rate), was this one of the ones where it's smashing leg stump out the ground but it's umpires call because we can't upset the morons who think that leg stump is 2mm wide?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Just thought I'd chime in to say Boult's delivery was a great display of skill. Trott didn't have a clue. I always liked the look of Wagner but Boult is more impressive atm. Southee looked to be getting great shape too...little confused why his Test career has been so underwhelming so far.

stumpski

International Captain
Run rate has slipped below two an over - old-fashioned Test cricket this.

Four off Williamson's first ball a welcome release.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm only just tuning in (wtf @ the run rate), was this one of the ones where it's smashing leg stump out the ground but it's umpires call because we can't upset the morons who think that leg stump is 2mm wide?
Nah this one was smashing into the top of middle and off, but about 2mm too "high" to avoid ump's call, and just outside the redzone on impact too (remember that they've narrowed that recently). Under the old DRS rules from last year and like 1cm lower and it'd have been overturned.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
England even showing respect to Kane Williamson. Really baffling, it's not like England are in a terrible position or anything.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Im sure both have these have been done to death but Kane's action is beyond dubious and Root's driving on the offside is very, very awkward in the way he switches his wrists and plays with an angled bat - in fact one of the first things you would try and correct (to be fair though, it is similar to KP and it works OK for him)

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
DOn't worry ENglish fans. If you're disappointed about the insipid performance of England today, here is something to warm the ****les of your heart. A Ravi Bopara hundred. What a lad.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm actually not surprised by the Ravi hundred, he looked very very solid the other day agaisnt the NZ bowlers.

****ing Bell.