• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting little bit from Atherton on attacking Martin there. The next Paul Harris imo.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Martin flights the ball though.
Harris did too at the beginning of his Test career. He ended up so typecast in what his role was that he gave up trying but despite never getting much turn he genuinely did look to beat batsmen in the air early in his career.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It's staggering that England are only scoring at 1 rpo off Martin. He bowled a lot of filth in that last over and Trott just kept picking out the fielders.

Zinzan

I would have given Williamson a twirl 5 overs ago from Wagner's end. Wagner continues to gift 2-3 deliveries an over & just isn't consistent enough for Test cricket. Bracewell would have been a much better option for mine, even if Wagner did take more wickets in the FC games.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
You're forgetting that in many of his recent test appearances, Bracewell has suffered from the exact same waywardness.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Colleague said to me before, when glancing the score on the TV, "presume there's been a rain break?"

Zinzan

I haven't forgotten at all. I know Bracewell had a shocking last 12 months, but he's a rhythm bowler so at least he has the potential to bowl well if he gets it right. Whereas I still don't think Wagner's good enough at Test level. He got some incredibly soft wickets in the recent Eng/NZ series, so don't read too much into his wickets then.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Wonderful bowling and catching there. Bronwlie's a bit mercurial in the slips isn't he?

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Four of us have just said pretty much the same thing in four posts.

Edit: Huh? Dick is derived from Richard. Willy Root works.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Very interesting that the Trott dismissal appeared to be a genuine out swing delivery. Maybe reverse? But if Boult can now swing the ball both ways, with his pace and accuracy, he could be lethal.