• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah exactly.

I mean fair enough England are definitely favourites here, but Jesus you'd think England have already won the series the way smali is talking.

4-0 and 4-0 was way worse. I am an Indian fan, I can confirm that right now.

If India lose this 3-1 it may be a contender, but that's a little bit off (for now).

smash84

The Tiger King
Its not worse. India won a test, and still haven't lost the series (yet).
I forgot to add in the point of "we will have our revenge at home" type gung ho comments ending up making it look worse than it should have.

Have to say that India haven't lost yet though. Although the way things are moving it seems that India might lose the series 3-1

smash84

The Tiger King
Yeah exactly.

I mean fair enough England are definitely favourites here, but Jesus you'd think England have already won the series the way smali is talking.

If India lose this 3-1 it may be a contender, but that's a little bit off (for now).
yeah maybe my comments are a little premature but the way the series is panning out doesn't look too good.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
Couldn't be more content.

Up to the bowlers now, and while this pitch still looks like one you can easily bat all day on it's definitely starting to show faint signs of life - they should really bat for as long as they can tomorrow just to bowl on it as late as possible. In the unlikely event it's Anderson and Panesar in and it's after lunch then the declaration's on, otherwise keep going.
I suspect if both Swann and Prior are in after 75 minutes England will bat until all out. May well do this if Prior is still there.

If the lead then is, say 240-250 (likely in this scenario)it would take India until early day 5 to pass it. England would have a bigger window to finish bowling them out (if that happens) and chase. the remainder.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I suspect if both Swann and Prior are in after 75 minutes England will bat until all out. May well do this if Prior is still there.

If the lead then is, say 240-250 (likely in this scenario)it would take India until early day 5 to pass it. England would have a bigger window to finish bowling them out (if that happens) and chase. the remainder.
Plus I suspect that the pitch will deteriorate quite quickly over the last couple of days, so, if Prior and Swann manage not to be dismissed early on tomorrow, then runs will be so much easier to come by then, than in the final session on Day 5. Of course, having said all that, they'll probably go in the first few overs tomorrow and we'll have to settle for a lead of around 215.

I hope your earlier point about Finn doing well tomorrow is accurate. Not just to help us win this test, but if he can cement a place in the side that gives us a real added dimension with the ball. And I'd like to see Broad competing for the 3rd seamer's place with Bresnan next year rather than seeing himself as a certainty.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah exactly.

What I mean is that it feels how it felt following the series last year. You keep checking the scorecard and it and England keep piling on India.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
They got that though with that ODI series last year (or so it was claimed at the time)
Nah. Nothing like that was claimed (not by a big enough base to be considered significant at all). If anything, some english posters asked why aren't Indian fans gloating over the 5-0 win. Is this a case of seeing evidence when none exists for your preconceived notions?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Amazing how England players have only scored two doubles in India, and that was in one innings.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Nah. Nothing like that was claimed (not by a big enough base to be considered significant at all). If anything, some english posters asked why aren't Indian fans gloating over the 5-0 win. Is this a case of seeing evidence when none exists for your preconceived notions?
I remember "revenge" being bandied about a considerable amount during that series, so marc hasn't dreamed it up. Mainly cricinfo et al. Upon searching CW it did seem to be almost entirely the esteemed Kohli_Fan and people mocking him here, though.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
maybe I am not the best person to talk about it since I support a side that has Ajmal leading its attack but Ojha elbow looks suspicious at times.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I am trying to remember the last time Indian spin bowlers were thoroughly oubowled over a whole series. I can't remember!