• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

One Last Sight

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
It's probably a cliche, but I'd love to have been in the crowd at the Adelaide Oval when Jardine set this leg theory field after Woodfull had been hit over the heart.

One imagines that must be as close as cricket gets to warfare.
Agree.

Also would love to see Archie Jackson and Neil Harvey bat against a good attack.

Trumper bat for a few hours.

Bradman bat for a day or two.

Keith Miller do anything.

O'Reilly and Grimmett bowl in tandem.

Old time bowlers like SF Barnes, Spofforth and CTB Turner, to see what they bowled like then.

I have given this some thought, and I'd give up the opportunity for all ***ual gratification for the rest of my life for the ability to time travel....

hazsa19

International Regular
I would like to sit in the terrace of a West Indian ground in the 70's. Partying in the stand, savagery on the field.

watson

Banned
Gregory, McDonald, Armstrong, and Mailey bowling to Frank Woolley during his pair of 90s at Lords, 1921.

SF Barnes and Wilfred Rhodes bowling to Victor Trumper during his 166 at the SCG, 1908.

Nuff said.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Marshall and Warne bowling in tandem to Bradman and Sobers with Lillee and Holding chomping at the bit to get their chance and Viv due in next. Hammond, Chappel and Richardson in the slips next to Knotty.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Imran was the 2nd highest wicket taker in that series. 92 he was at the end of his career... Young Waqar was at his pacy reverse swinging best. 1st 11 matches 50+ wickets and from 89-94 was at his absolute peak. He might have "started" but he was already at his better-best. Wasim is Wasim.

For argument sake in the same token Indian MO had young guns like a certain SRT, Manjrekar, Azhar(with 3 yrs of experience)
I saw a fair bit if that series. It was more like the SSC than anything else and there wasn't much reverse either

I meant something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De_5ucHh-AI

The Imran of 82 not end of 89

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Marshall and Warne bowling in tandem to Bradman and Sobers with Lillee and Holding chomping at the bit to get their chance and Viv due in next. Hammond, Chappel and Richardson in the slips next to Knotty.
Want to add Hobbs and Pollock to that batting line up as well.

JBMAC

State Captain
I'd like to sit through the tied test again, see Bradman in '46 score his 180 odd against the poms(I'd rate that as the best innings I ever saw of his),Malcolm Marshall bowling anytime, Lillee/Thompson ripping through the poms like a packet of salts,The eelagance of Rohan Khanhai and David Gower in full cry.A joy to behold

From a fantasy viewpoint
Warne bowling to Bradman
Tallon keeping to Warne
The poms NEVER winning an Ashes series
The West Indies of old when their dominance was supreme playing the 1948 Invincibles

Jager

International Debutant
Did you see much of Alan Davidson, JBMAC? From a personal perspective he is my favourite bowler in terms of his action

JBMAC

State Captain
Did you see much of Alan Davidson, JBMAC? From a personal perspective he is my favourite bowler in terms of his action
Saw quite a bit of him in particular that tied test mentioned.He proved just as effective as a change bowler as a strike bowler.

kingkallis

International Coach
Allan Donald bowling to Mike Atherton
Shane Warne against the Pommies
Waqar Younis crushing the toes of Bryan Young and Blair Hartland
Brian Lara taking on any attack

Warne bowling to Richards
Sunil Gavaskar against the fiery Windies attack
Ambrose / Marshall bowling to Bradman
Greame Pollock / Barry Richards in action
Keith Miller in action
Ray Lindwall in action