• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in England 2012

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair play to Eng for chasing down a good total but the thing that summed it up for me was when Ravi took guard on off stump, walked further outside off and Ravi bowled a long hop a foot down leg with no fine leg

WI are an overpaid Bangladesh IMO

Lots of talent but no brains or bottle

Last edited:

Stumpcam

U19 Captain
This year's tour of England by the WI must have turned out to be very demoralising for the West Indians, who probably didn't expect much in the test but must have fancied beating England in the ODIs and certainly the T20.

To not win a single game must really hurt.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Dont know why anyone would come here expecting to win ODIs, we've lost one series at home in four years

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He's certainly the bowler in form.

The thing is it's hard to think of a batsman replacement who can bowl a bit, Trego would be my choice, but my choice alone.
Luke Wright? Put him in instead of Kieswetter, give one of Bairstow or Buttler the gloves.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ravi's got a very decent t20 record tbf, think they're happy to go with 6 decent bowlers, in their eyes anyway.
Just to clarify this.

Bopara has a decent T20 record with the ball for a part-timer. Just a shame he's a piss poor T20 batsman.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
lol west indies. losing to hales and bopara must be depressing. Chasing 173 I thought England's best chance would be numbers 4-7 making runs. I would never of predicted Hales and Bopara putting on 159. I'm not Hales biggest fan by any imagination but always happy to see anyone score runs for england.

I can't help but think that this was a fluke by Hales and he's going to get **** on @ the T20 world cup. Bopara at 3 also isn't dynamic enough. Unfortunately there really aren't that many options in county cricket and lsoing Pietersen in T20 is catastrophic to England's chances at the T20 world cup. It's a shame because I'd bet England would be up there with the best in the field and although the bowling wouldn't be ideally suited for success in Sri Lanka it's still decent.

Jacknife

International Captain
lol west indies. losing to hales and bopara must be depressing. Chasing 173 I thought England's best chance would be numbers 4-7 making runs. I would never of predicted Hales and Bopara putting on 159. I'm not Hales biggest fan by any imagination but always happy to see anyone score runs for england.

I can't help but think that this was a fluke by Hales and he's going to get **** on @ the T20 world cup. Bopara at 3 also isn't dynamic enough. Unfortunately there really aren't that many options in county cricket and lsoing Pietersen in T20 is catastrophic to England's chances at the T20 world cup. It's a shame because I'd bet England would be up there with the best in the field and although the bowling wouldn't be ideally suited for success in Sri Lanka it's still decent.
Pretty much feel the same, he really played well Hales but his downfall could come when he has to start against spin, which he's pretty hopeless at tbh and surely it will be used against him in the WC. Now that KP isn't playing Morgan has to move down to 3 for me, he's the best player in the side and needs to be in as long as possible.

At the end of day It was a excellent chase so I can't be too critical but I still believe Ravi shouldn't be in the side, he played pretty well today but he was putting far to much pressure on Hales for most of the innings, relying on him to take a risk and come up with the big shot, he seemed very reluctant to take a chance when we were needing over 10 runs per over.

I'd personally much rather get Luke Wright in the side as the all rounder, he's in great form, scores very quickly and his bowing is much better than Ravi's.

Shame we didn't get see Buttler again, never seems to get a hit in T20.