• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2011-12

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Why hopefully div 3 btw?
Frankly the rest of the SPL can go and **** themselves. Their chairmen have been bumping their gums about sporting integrity, let's see if they're all mouth and no trousers. I'm not interested in Rangers being kept in the SPL for the rest of the clubs to gain financially from our presence whilst Rangers are hamstrung competitively. We'll be banned from Europe for 3 years anyway, I'd much rather we went down to the bottom because it would give the SFL a financial boost whilst destroying the SPL by the time we came back.

I wasn't having a dig about new club but that is how they will be perceived after this.
No they won't. No-one perceives Leeds to be a different club to the Leeds that reached the Champions League semis 11 years ago. The PLC might die, but I support a football club, not a PLC.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
IIRC, the television deal for the SPL is conditional upon there being a certain number of Old Firm derbies every year

If that is correct, no Rangers = no TV deal and any new one would be worth 2/3 of **** all

Furball

Evil Scotsman
IIRC, the television deal for the SPL is conditional upon there being a certain number of Old Firm derbies every year

If that is correct, no Rangers = no TV deal and any new one would be worth 2/3 of **** all
Hence why I'd be quite happy to go down to Division 3. There'd be a great deal of schadenfreude to be had watching a bunch of parasites who have done nothing but take kicks at us for the last 4 months die off.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Redknapp out?
Be interesting to see where the Spurts go if so.

Can't stand the man, but there's no doubt he's been good for them on the field at least. What state they're in financially tho one can only speculate. Missing out on the CL (:lol:) must have hurt the Levy coffers.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty spectacular reversal of fortunes.

Moyes seems to be the man they have lined up and while he deserves the chance it will interesting to see how he handles it. If levy does not back him not only to get new players in but to keep the ones already there he has a very tough job on his hands. Chelsea clearly going to spend a gret deal to get back near the top of the league and even Arsenal buying some players, Spurs going to have to work hard not to fall behind. Maybe getting a ridiculously large fee for Modric or Bale might help.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I know it's kicking a man when he's down, but can't resist:

'Arry on Tuesday said:
No, I haven't resigned and I have no idea why it's being suggested I have.

This is an outrage - an absolute liberty for people to be putting around this kind of rumour on the internet.

It is not true, there is not a chance I will resign. Why should I? I have a year left on my contract.
If the electronic media and easy access to thereof is good for one thing, it's for making famous twatts look like twatts.