• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
There is also an expectation that each player selected in the programme will also continue their work and commitment to develop a career outside the game by way of a part time job, study or work experience. This is an important aspect of the programme and will form part of the players individual performance plan.”
Why do professional cricketers have to get a part time job. Serious question.

Flem274*

123/5
I imagine so. If you're a CD cricketer based in Masterton and most of your home matches and trainings are in Napier, not to mention the away games, then work would be bloody difficult.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
The new initiative will see the ten selected players commit to a 20 week training programme between 1 May and 30 September 2012 that also includes five camps at the NZC High Performance Centre in Lincoln.
how is this high performance centre different from the one that ruined 5 years worth of bowlers coming through.

Flem274*

123/5
Just keep them away from indoor concrete blocks and don't touch their actions unless it has a clear history of ****ing with them.

Please?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I thought all these high performance centres were indoor nets so it will be hours of bowling on concrete covered with astroturf.

Should get Bond and Crowe to run it - then it would be good.

Mike5181

International Captain
Corey Anderson – Northern Knights
Matthew Henry – Canterbury Wizards
JimmyNeesham – Otago Volts
George Worker – Canterbury Wizards
Ben Wheeler – Central Stags
Tom Latham – Canterbury Wizards
Michael Bracewell – Otago Volts
Adam Milne – Central Stags
Bevan Small – Central Stags
Tipene Friday – Wellington Firebirds

Decent list of players. Latham and Henry will miss out on the West Indies tour then?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I see this sort of academy as benefitting batsman. You get to face a lot of bowling and as long as they don't tinker with your technique you can practice some new shots that you don't really play well.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep.

What movie maker do you use, Flem? Having some trouble not losing a lot of picture quality in my re-encodes.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Below are two examples of awful writing. AWFUL writing. I cannot stress that enough.

Cricket | Prank or fact? O'Brien leaves everyone... | Stuff.co.nz

Cricket | Umpire restrains Jesse Ryder after on-field... | Stuff.co.nz

Millmow can jog on, for a start. Bitter ex-bowler who from everything I hear was a giant pea-heart who wouldn't battle through a mere niggle. Who is he to be the gatekeeper of anyone's career? Good on OB if he's giving it one last crack. It's his business and his business only. I doubt I'd demand, or receive, a contract again so who cares?

And this Ryder circus needs to stop. Are we going to report on him farting in the wrong direction on the flight over? A Wellington team-mate chips him in that manner, no wonder he has a go back. Stuff should start a precedent and report all matters like that in club cricket.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Fortunate not to be out for a golden duck, tbh.

Instead it reads; H Rutherford 239, S Kuggeleijn 0/112

it can be cruel game (bowler's hat on, edit: NO, I'm not actually wearing a bowler hat)

Reminds me a little of M Hayden's then world record 385, Blignaut had him plumb first ball. Not saying this was plumb though, can't tell that much from this video quality.

BTW. H Rutherford scored 600 odd FC runs this season, all in a single calender month.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Millmow can jog on, for a start. Bitter ex-bowler who from everything I hear was a giant pea-heart who wouldn't battle through a mere niggle. Who is he to be the gatekeeper of anyone's career? Good on OB if he's giving it one last crack. It's his business and his business only. I doubt I'd demand, or receive, a contract again so who cares?
:wub: Millmow is the dregs. How he's still allowed to 'write' for the papers, I don't know.

Immenso

Taken from New Zealand Cricket - Stats from the tenth round of the Plunket Shield

Some of the more interesting one's .....

Carl Cachopa continued his amazing transformation as a batsman. Up until three matches ago he had played nineteen matches since his debut for Auckland in the 2004-05 season, scoring 533 runs at an average of 20.50. He then scored his maiden first-class century and has now scored 412 runs at an average of 82.40 in his last five innings. He has also scored a century in each of his last three matches.
Craig Cumming .................. became just the third player after Bert Sutcliffe and Mathew Sinclair to pass eight thousand runs in domestic cricket. He also shared his forty sixth century partnership to leave him level with Sinclair, the most by any player in New Zealand domestic cricket.
Rutherford's batting has blossomed this season. Coming into this season he had scored just 131 runs at 11.90 in his six matches to date. He wasn't required by Otago until the last four matches of the season, but he still managed to finishthe Volts top scorer for the season with 607 runs at 86.71
Wagner was the top wicket-taker for the second season in a row, finishing with forty six wickets at 26.32. He has now taken ninety seven wickets in the last two seasons at an average of 22.30.
De Boorder finished with the most wicketkeeping dismissals for the season equalling Gareth Hopkins' Otago season record in the process. De Boorder totalled 38 dismissals with 36 catches and two stumpings.
Tim McIntosh started this season needing just 198 runs to pass Trevor Franklin as the top runscorer for the Auckland Aces. After seven matches he has scored just 182 runs and was dropped for Auckland's next two matches. However he was recalled to play the Canterbury Wizards against who he had an exemplary record having scored 1,344 runs at an average of exactly 56 including five centuries. He once again showed his liking for the Canterbury bowlers adding a double of 54 and 142 not out.
McIntosh also made sixteen catches in the field to finish top catcher for the season. He also passed Jeff Crowe's Auckland record of fifteen catches in a season that had stood since 1990-91.
Edit: The original article incorrectly referred to Craig rather than Carl Cachopa (so I changed that part myself)

Last edited:

Immenso

and a snippet from stats roundup after round 9
New Zealand Cricket - Plunket Shield round nine statistics

Daniel Flynn hit his third century in successive matches for the Northern Knights, as he scored 123 not out against the Auckland Aces. This was his tenth century for the Knights equalling Graeme Hick's record of most centuries for them. However it was just his first century against the Aces.
It was amazing how much Graeme Hick dominated NZ domestic cricket in just the 2 seasons he was here. Setting a provincial record for an association with at that time about 30 years of history, which was still standing 24 years later. I was a teenage then, and went to watch a Shell Cup match at Mt Maunganui with him playing, but he was out for about 15, then it rained .....

I've gone into the Cricket Archive and looked at the two seasons he was here, it was the 88/89 season that he really dominated. 8 matches, 1224 runs, 6 centuries, 2 fifties, ave 94.46.

While in 87/88, still awesome, but he didn't top either the averages or aggregates.

Last edited: