• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who are you supporting this series?

Who are you supporting?

• Total voters

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think certain Indian fans can feel justifiably proud they've caused more than one Aussie to root for an England side containing both Stuart Broad & Kevin Pietersen. :laugh:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This.

You have to appreciate just how annoying the large majority of Indian fans are for me to ACTUALLY support England.

I wish both could lose.
Haha you voted for India though!

India's pro-bad-decision policy the clincher here.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
This poll should have been more complex with options:

English supporting England
English supporting India
Indian supporting England
Indian supporting India
Neutral supporting England
Neutral supporting India
Slowfinger supporting Bangladesh

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This poll should have been more complex with options:

English supporting England
English supporting India
Indian supporting England
Indian supporting India
Neutral supporting England
Neutral supporting India
Slowfinger supporting Bangladesh
I wouldn't know what to vote for then, though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Actually surprised India have so much support. There seems to be a bigger English-supporting presence in the match thread.
That's because india are getting stuffed. The match thread will be full of them if they get on top.

Shri was all over it when Tendulkar was batting, and not since, for example.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
That's because india are getting stuffed. The match thread will be full of them if they get on top.

Nope, it's been the same since the sub-forum was created and the match started. Most of those Indian fans though they vote on polls and lurk are not prolific current posters. They will at most make one comment per day. Plus most of the active aussies are supporting England. Many haven't voted too.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach

Yeah, Shri's masterplan was obviously to stop posting for weeks while India were getting stuffed 0-3 in the Windies, show up for the exact duration of Tendulkar's innings and leave again the moment he was dismissed.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I genuinely like England/ECB, but I always support the Subcontinental sides against all others.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, Shri's masterplan was obviously to stop posting for weeks while India were getting stuffed 0-3 in the Windies, show up for the exact duration of Tendulkar's innings and leave again the moment he was dismissed.
Lol, check his posts. He was proudly proclaiming that Sachin was SMASHING Anderson out. As soon as Broad got rid of him, offline he went.

Redbacks

International Captain
I think certain Indian fans can feel justifiably proud they've caused more than one Aussie to root for an England side containing both Stuart Broad & Kevin Pietersen. :laugh:
I thought most Aussies like KP, I certainly do.

A big part of it, even though I'm for India this series, perhaps stems from the respect gained for just how good England were down under. Came across, backed themselves in, prepared well and gave us a royal thumping in every department.

Spark

Global Moderator
Lol, check his posts. He was proudly proclaiming that Sachin was SMASHING Anderson out. As soon as Broad got rid of him, offline he went.
Let's be fair though - Sachin was and did smash Anderson out. The issue is he's only one of four bowlers.

@BB Quite a few Aussies like KP, in a pantomine-villain sort of way.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
shri is a ****
classic jinx

did he you forget that anderson had dismissed tendulkar 5 times already in test cricket?

if anything tendulkar is anderson's bunny

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Meh, Sachin will make up for it soon enough once Broad reverts to his usual ****.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Sachin was smashing Anderson around. If he really was a fair weather fan, he would have hopped on when India were in the West Indies, or when Zaheer had England down for two - about the only instance in the Test where India actually were on top. God forbid he actually enjoy it when a favourite batsman of his bats well.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Meh, Sachin will make up for it soon enough once Broad reverts to his usual ****.
Tremlett's the danger man imo because of his height. Most (all?) of the indian batsmen had trouble deciding whether to go on the front foot or the back against him, particularly when he bowled good lenght balls.

Broad may go for plenty with his fuller length if the ball doesn't swing much, but I liked the way he bowled. He went all out for wickets. It was good aggressive fast bowling.