• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Hey guys, I'm Daniel. I'm not exactly new here, but I haven't been active for quite a while.

Hopefully I can add something to the discussions, although with the quality of the stuff I've read around here, I get the feeling I'm going to be the dumb one :)

Mike5181

International Captain
hi, i am Aakash. Born and brought up in India currently living in US. I have been reading the forum here since a month. though i should join the action. I enjoy watching left handed batsman bat. Sachin, Lara, Smith, Gilly, Ganguly, ABDV are some of my favorites.
At least you have good taste 8-).

Analyst1

Cricket Spectator
Worked in investment banking for most of my life. I retired early and travelled around a bit and also watched cricket in different countries. Finally got bored and came out of retirement to work for a few more years. Now I'm retired for good!

I've been a fan of the game for as long as I can remember. Never miss a test at Lord's or the Oval as long as I'm in London. I also drive around the country to watch tests if it's a good series or if I like the players involved.

I like to see England do well but I'm not too fussed about the result as long as it's a good contest. I'm not one of those supporters who is desperate for my team to win. I'd rather have a great match that England lose than a rubbish one that we win.

Fav players (I like my batsmen): Viv, Sobers (only his batting and NOT his rubbish bowling), Botham (obviously), Gower, Tendulkar, Kanhai, Vaughan, Chappell (watched his 131 in 1972 and I still rate that very highly), Cowdrey...

I went along with my dad to watch my first test. It happened to be Kanhai's first test match and also a match in which Cowdrey made a hundred. :cool:

Watched a fair bit of B Richards but I was never attracted to his batting. Fine player though.

I love a good test match on a warm day in the English summer at Lord's but I enjoy watching any game of cricket.

Last edited:

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Hello

I'm a female cricket fan, live in London, love test matches but will follow any match of any format, especially if it has a West Australian player in it.

My favourite players of the last 10 years are Rahul Dravid and Adam Gilchrist.

I don't expect to see a truly beautiful cover drive again once Dravid retires.

I would like to thank all posters of streams of live cricket wherever and whoever they are.

Borges

International Regular
Hello

I'm a female cricket fan, live in London, love test matches but will follow any match of any format, especially if it has a West Australian player in it.

My favourite players of the last 10 years are Rahul Dravid and Adam Gilchrist.

I don't expect to see a truly beautiful cover drive again once Dravid retires.

I would like to thank all posters of streams of live cricket wherever and whoever they are.
Hi.

As far as cover driving goes, Kallis is not too far behind Dravid, is he?

Borges

International Regular
I am sorry but you guys seemed to have missed Mark Waugh playing the cover drive
I was under the impression that the discussion was about currently active players.

If we are prepared to go down the history lane, don't think Mark Waugh's would be among the first dozen or so names that come to mind when exquisite cover driving is being contemplated.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
I was under the impression that the discussion was about currently active players.

If we are prepared to go down the history lane, don't think Mark Waugh's would be among the first dozen or so names that come to mind when exquisite cover driving is being contemplated.
It was more a point that techniques seem to be getting less and less aesthetically pleasing.

Borges

International Regular
It was more a point that techniques seem to be getting less and less aesthetically pleasing.
Agreed. The two most aesthetically pleasing batsmen today, Dravid and Kallis are both in the evening of their careers. VVS too is a treat to watch, though he's certainly not text book.

Among the current lot, I really hope that Ian Bell makes it big.

I think Tendulkar has to take a great deal of blame for this; it started with him and the way he started redefining batting technique as his career evolved.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Agreed. The two most aesthetically pleasing batsmen today, Dravid and Kallis are both in the evening of their careers. VVS too is a treat to watch, though he's certainly not text book.

Among the current lot, I really hope that Ian Bell makes it big.

I think Tendulkar has to take a great deal of blame for this; it started with him and the way he started redefining batting technique as his career evolved.
But he has always had an excellent technical base and is usually well-balanced to start with. Some of the younger players haven't got that to begin with (or at least in Australia, it's beginning to look like that). It's kind of a top-down approach which is the wrong way to go about it.

I agree about Bell, he can make for very fine viewing when he is in form.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Hello friends, this is nikhil this side from new delhi. Big fan of Sachin, Laxman, Saeed Anwar, Steve Waugh. Hope to have a good time here