• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 4 - Sri Lanka v England

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The fact that Sri Lanka dropped Morgan three times and still won by 10 wickets is just ridiculous.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sri Lankan pitches again, only flat when Sri Lankans bat on them.

Fantastic effort from these two.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The fact that Sri Lanka dropped Morgan three times and still won by 10 wickets is just ridiculous.
It's funny, that's the only thing they did wrong for the whole game. Bowled tremendously, especially at the start and end of the innings. Then these two...

smash84

The Tiger King
From cricinfo

"This is the highest total chased without a single wicket lost in a World Cup match surpassing the 221 by West Indies against Pakistan in 1992"

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Trott, Morgan, Swann, Bresnan, Bell for sure... Broad too of course, KP (maybe, who knows?). I think I'd stay with Bopara, since Collingwood seems to be gone, and we need the overs.

That's eight players to stay then, add in a keeper (Davies preferably), and it's just a case of how to deal with the extra five or so that complete the squad. I'd like to see a concerted effort to find an all-rounder, the bits and pieces bowling is not helpful at all, and another batsman who plays at a higher strike rate more naturally.
Bell has done absolutely nothing of note to merit the free ride he's getting in the ODI side.

ajdude

International Coach
I don't know much about Tharanga in FC cricket, but why is he not considered for a spot in the Test side? It seems like he's improved alot in the last couple of years and I feel he'd bring more to the table than Paranavitana.

"It's England's fifth 10-wicket defeat in ODIs, their third against Sri Lanka, and was a proper humping."
Good form Cricinfo.

Last edited:

Lostman

State Captain
It's funny, that's the only thing they did wrong for the whole game. Bowled tremendously, especially at the start and end of the innings. Then these two...
Agreed were on top for 80/90 overs today. Happy with the way they came back after those comical 10 overs.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The ODI side is having drastic changes made to it constantly, and it's never much good. Bad players are the much bigger problem for England than bad selectors. Dropping Davies for Prior was a disgrace, it beggars belief that they're actually paid a salary to make decisions like that, but at the same time, Davies is hardly Gilchrist. It wouldn't have made much difference.
Hmm, drastic changes perhaps but the personnel just get reshuffled.

Hey you're probably right, but the guys we pick, are mediocre. You may be right that replacements will be too, but if they're not getting a go we'll never know. Davies, Hildreth and Taylor all need to play in our next ODI IMHO. Should look at Allenby too. We wouldn't have beaten Sri Lanka in Colombo, but we may have beaten Ireland and Bangladesh and not had to play the Lankans there.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Congrats to SL fans!

Just dominant in World Cups.

Made the semis or better for the third time in a row.