• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wastemen etc

Who the better batsman

• Ajay Jadeja

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Mahmudullah

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

slippy888

International Captain
To play test cricket for Australia, ive never heard of him but his stats look impressive, career average in first class cricket is 44 with the bat, 2010/11 season he is averaging 56 with the bat.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Yes I think he;s good enough. Very nice technique, way more settled outside off stump than Hughes. Marsh too is a lot like Usman- uncomplicated technique, and is very sound.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He is good enough but the reason he isn't playing is the rest of the team want something to eat at lunch.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think the Australian's can afford to be so picky about weight issues at the moment.

If he is good enough they should pick him as a batsmen.

Their selectors won't have picked Inzamam,Ranatunga or Aravinda at the moment if they had the chance? Hell,i think they would have picked Ramesh Powar too by now .

And is he fatter than Warne,btw?:ph34r:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think the Australian's can afford to be so picky about weight issues at the moment.

If he is good enough they should pick him as a batsmen.

Their selectors won't have picked Inzamam,Ranatunga or Aravinda at the moment if they had the chance? Hell,i think they would have picked Ramesh Powar too by now .

And is he fatter than Warne,btw?:ph34r:
Nah. He's a pretty huge guy

adamj1300

Cricket Spectator
cosgrove use to play for south australia but lost his contract with them due to discipline problems and weight issues, he even payed a few 1di games for australia, and did ok.

he pretty much playes like a darren lehman with his ablity to hit the ball and control the tempo of the game.

its a pitty he is a talented player with a few issues but surly has to be up there for a run i in the australian side, but pitty the slim to stuff all chance for him because he is from NSW:@

slippy888

International Captain
Australia need to select someone that can get big runs consistently, forget about weight issues they have had a few large blokes in the past like Boon and Hayden,

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I think comparing Cosgrove to Hayden as a 'large bloke' is a bit insulting to Hayden tbh.

Cosgrove was squeezed into his uniform last night like a stuffed lemon and was nearly run out several times before his eventual dismissal. I'd consider him for tests but we can't afford two poor runners between the wickets in our ODI batting line up.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Definitely good enough, good fielder too despite weight. Great hands.

Won't be a guy who gets big tons unless he does it at a run-a-ball, though. Gets out a lot between 50 and 80 too, conversion rate sucks. In the current line-up, that could be a real liability.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Definitely good enough, good fielder too despite weight. Great hands.

Won't be a guy who gets big tons unless he does it at a run-a-ball, though. Won't be the guy to grind one out, gets out a lot between 50 and 80. In the current line-up, that could be a real liability.
Does anyone? Aside from the obvious candidates like Dussey, Rogers et al

Redbacks

International Captain
Chapelli was always critical of his ability to score 1's and 2's when he was playing for South Australia, felt he was lazy and a boundary basher. I can remember the scathing interview he gave, blind to the fact the Cosi had made a massive ton that day. He felt he would not get away with it at test level with better quality attacks.

The year he got his fitness together even slightly better than average was a big breakthrough season. Scored a ton against NSW which S Waugh rated as one of the best he had seen. A pretty glowing appraisal for a youngster at the time.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I think comparing Cosgrove to Hayden as a 'large bloke' is a bit insulting to Hayden tbh.

Cosgrove was squeezed into his uniform last night like a stuffed lemon and was nearly run out several times before his eventual dismissal. I'd consider him for tests but we can't afford two poor runners between the wickets in our ODI batting line up.
Indeed. Hayden was and is built like a brick ****house while Cosgrove is about 3 stone or more overweight.

robinjr

School Boy/Girl Captain
Certinaly good enough.Don't understand why people hype Ferguson so much when Cossy is roughly the same age and process much superior FC record.He looks like he has so much time to play having said that though most fatties i've seen over the years looked as they have so much time to play.Get em in there...