• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Here is a classic case of seeing what is the difference between a good wicket keeper and a bad one - a really bed one.

Forget who should have taken the catch. Just watch Haddin's feet. He doesn't move them an inch !!

The ball pitches well outside the off stump. He should naturally be moving to his left towards the line of the ball but so much are the modern wicket keepers used to last minute flinging themselves at the ball that footwork which would take you comfortably, walking, to where the ball would end up, would have made all the difference.

All those who see that the ball was a fraction closer to the 1st slip than to the keeper completely forget that the slip (forget a snick) is a stationary fielder) while the keeper is supposed to be moving towards the natural line of delivery.

This is atrocious wicket keeping and a glaring example of how the difference between good and bad keeping is hardly noticed nowadays
This.

Now Harris rubs it in by reverting to the short stuff after getting an edge and a play and miss in his first two overs.

hazsa19

International Regular
it's strange, he played in a similar fashion in Brisbane and got away with it, and it really hit the Aussies for 6 (no pun intended).

Maybe he's figured his luck's in again; knowing that a positive century almost garauntees the ashes are coming home.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
****house bowling and woeful captaincy

STrauss should've been caught 3 times in the slips already so why drop men out on the leg-side and start bowling short

****ing mindless stuff

Zinzan

Haha, vintage from Warne...........

"I know who I support, which team do you support Greigy, England, Sri Lanka or South Africa?"

hazsa19

International Regular
I love the way Australia have a conference on the field 20 minutes after walking out the changing room.

What were they discussing before they came out? Johnsons fruit bat tattoos?

chalky

International Debutant
God Johnson's tattoos are ugly as - don't know what would posses anyone to do that to themselves.

Burgey

I love the way Australia have a conference on the field 20 minutes after walking out the changing room.

What were they discussing before they came out? Johnsons fruit bat tattoos?
Haha, tbf, when Katich got run out in Adelaide, some pasty-white Pommie hanger-on ran drinks out onto the field. it was ball four of the Test match.

benchmark00

Really liking the look of Johnson here. And that's the first time I've said that since forever.

Bit of away shape to the left hander. Just keep it full and it will come. Need them driving.

hazsa19

International Regular
Haha, tbf, when Katich got run out in Adelaide, some pasty-white Pommie hanger-on ran drinks out onto the field. it was ball four of the Test match.
:laugh: don't get me started with our self-regulated drinks and comfort breaks. Does my nut in. If you don't drink so much you don't piss so much.

Simples

flibbertyjibber

This is very similar to the first couple of tests. Bowl a good ball then follow it up with a freebie and the pressure is released.Long may it continue.

Burgey

:laugh: don't get me started with our self-regulated drinks and comfort breaks. Does my nut in. If you don't drink so much you don't piss so much.

Simples
Haha true. Though they also say if you don't need to piss you don't have enough fluid on board.

Tell that to a middle aged bloke with a dodgy prostate.

Happy to see Ponting bin Harris after that bad over. I feel sorry for Rhino after the miss, but still, it shows a bit of discipline from teh skipper in not putting up with it.