• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow, didn't realise Cook was quite so strong on the cut & square drive prior to this series

TumTum

Banned
I would rather us be thrashed this innings rather than get breakthroughs and fall short, less heartache. Hope Smith gets a decent length bowling spell, this is soooo boring.

benchmark00

I would rather us be thrashed this innings rather than get breakthroughs and fall short, less heartache. Hope Smith gets a decent length bowling spell, this is soooo boring.
You should try having to read your posts on cricket.

Spark

Global Moderator
Seriously is Ponting clincally ********? How many test matches before you realise that giving batsmen easy singles to square leg when you should be bowling full is a really bad idea?

flibbertyjibber

How can you say it is boring?

Batting side scoring at 4 an over and a chance been created by the bowlers and not taken. Good cricket so far.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Strauss looks like Kyle's younger (Canadian) brother, Ike, on South Park.

:laugh:

The wagon-wheel is telling. As Healy said, looks similar to those in the other English innings. Strauss and Cook rarely being made to try an off-drive or something through cover.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Wow, didn't realise Cook was quite so strong on the cut & square drive prior to this series
He's always been strong off the back foot, but has often got cramped for room. Recently he's started to move his feet a lot better and get into position to not only time the ball but to play a nice-looking shot too.

Cook now on 477 for the series, more than anyone got in the entire 2009 series.

hazsa19

International Regular
Definitely something in this pitch. Won't be easy to start on either.

Hope chickens aren't being counted.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting post, but regardless of what Haddin does or doesn't do Watson should still be getting into position to catch it. He doesn't move until after the ball passes him.
There are some very famous catches from the past, one of the most famous being of Knott, Brearley and Tony Greg (I think) where the slip fielder has gone for the catch but the wicket keeper has too (in a similar case, and with the two being staggered they do not hit each other and the catch is taken. i can fish out such photographs of both where keeper takes the catch and slip has covered up and the other way around.

Of course watson should have gone for it. he cant decide to go for it after using a tape measure to decide whether it was nearer to him or the keeper. The same applies to Haddin.

Its easy for people watching on telly to say who was closer. On the field, in such cases, there is no excuse for both of them.

The point I am making, however, is the poor technique of modern keepers in general and Haddin in particular in the case in point.

To talk of Watson's error(which is true) is to miss the point of Haddin's leaden feet altogether.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Beaten outside off stump followed by 2 gift singles on the legs :wacko:

It's obviously incredibly hard to bowl on one side of the wicket

hazsa19

International Regular
He's always been strong off the back foot, but has often got cramped for room. Recently he's started to move his feet a lot better and get into position to not only time the ball but to play a nice-looking shot too.

Cook now on 477 for the series, more than anyone got in the entire 2009 series.
Maybe. But you can also trust the bounce more in Australia. In England there's always risk when you play any shot really.

Oh and there's no Mcgrath and Clark. these lot seem unable to bowl more than one ball on a good length.