• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
To be fair, it's a different situation again if Bollinger's deemed to not be completely match fit yet. Dropping him because of this one performance would be a bit drastic but given Australia do have several bowlers of a very similar quality, there's no need to play him if he's struggling with fitness.

Ruckus

International Captain
To be fair, it's a different situation again if Bollinger's deemed to not be completely match fit yet. Dropping him because of this one performance would be a bit drastic but given Australia do have several bowlers of a very similar quality, there's no need to play him if he's struggling with fitness.
Yeah of course, but he isn't unfit is he?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yuvraj doesn't bowl only darts like Doherty, infact he at times bowls very slowly through the air and those sort of loopy balls are the one's that KP had most issues with, anyways think marc's comment was more in jest than anything.....
No, I genuinely think Doherty should be given the full series.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Would have Bollinger, Johnson, Harris and Siddle in my side for the WACA with North and Clarke for the part-time spin.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Can't see us making any changes unless Broad can't play.
Assuming Chris jr is broken, who comes in? Tremmers probably the best bowler of the alternates in the sqaud, but also lengthens the tail.

Tiny Tim as part of a 4 man attack scares me, so Shahzad? His FC career suggests he can hold a bat even if we've seen precious little evidence to support this in his international outings so far.

Or do we say "**** it" and pick our best bowler regardless?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pick Tremlett if Broad's out. Am all for a strong tail but if you have an 8 capable of hitting 50s on a fairly regular basis, which is what Swann is, then I don't think you should worry about 9-11 too much. I think we've got a bit greedy tbh after years of having a cack tail!

Tremlett averages 18 in FC, so I'd say he can do a job at 9, Jimmy is probably above average for a 10 these days (amazing to think he used to bat below Panesar) and Finn, well he's not had much chance to bat, never seems to get out.

Pick the best bowler, basically.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pick Tremlett if Broad's out. Am all for a strong tail but if you have an 8 capable of hitting 50s on a fairly regular basis, which is what Swann is, then I don't think you should worry about 9-11 too much. I think we've got a bit greedy tbh after years of having a cack tail!

Tremlett averages 18 in FC, so I'd say he can do a job at 9, Jimmy is probably above average for a 10 these days (amazing to think he used to bat below Panesar) and Finn, well he's not had much chance to bat, never seems to get out.

AWTA, having Broad and Swanny down the order has only been a bonus really. Swanny's a perfectly good no.8, let's not forget he's opened in T20 games for Notts. Trem can score some runs on a good day, Jimmy can hold a bat these days and Finn is a decent nightwatchman. No real problems with the tail.

Tremlett would definately come in. He and Shaz were the best in the Aus A game, and Shahzad is clearly behind him in the pecking order as he wasn't in the initial squad. We'll see what happens between them during the Vics game next week.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would have Bollinger, Johnson, Harris and Siddle in my side for the WACA with North and Clarke for the part-time spin.
The problem with this is Watson. He's a very capable 4th seamer. With him in the side we will never pick 4 other seam bowlers (unless the conditions are extremely conducive to fast bowling).

The best bowling attack that we can field at the moment (based on form) is:
Harris
Bollinger
Siddle
Hauritz

If you are looking to the future you could put O'Keefe in the spinner's position.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Depends if we go 1 up i guess as to who we pick. If we go ahead they may want to bolster the batting even more by picking Bresnan to make us even harder to bowl out.

Personally i wouldn't but Bresnan is well regarded by the management. I'd go for Shahzad myself but think they'll go with Tremlett in a like for like bowler change.