• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats the attitude! :cool:

Cant wait to Anderson crawling in to bowl with Punter on 276* late on day 5. You gotta dream man.
As someone who has only been watching cricket for the last 10 odd years I can safely say that Australia just doesn't lose games like this :ph34r:

Spark

Global Moderator
Nah no way. He's been so immense since his recall that dropping him after a bit of a rough trot would be insane, particularly given we're playing him injured and out of position, that we have Marcus North in the team and that our other options are thin.
I didn't say I'd drop him.

Just that he'd come under pressure.

I think the two week layoff could be very handy for him.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
As someone who has only been watching cricket for the last 10 odd years I can safely say that Australia just doesn't lose games like this :ph34r:
Your'e right, we dont lose games like this, we get THRASHED. I'm hoping like all buggery we somehow manage a draw, maybe Katich can pull out a Greatbatch 1989 Perth type innings and save our asses.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Marsh
Hughes
Watson
Ponting
Hussey
Smith
Haddin
O'Keefe
Harris
Copeland
Bollinger

is still the answer dammit.

Sylvester

State Captain
If we are picking McDonald to keep it tight then why not go Copeland. Does the same thing but with a much better wicket taking ability in Shield cricket anyway.

robelinda

Adelaide is just so bloody hard to take wickets on, even McGrath and Warne couldnt do it on day 1 and 2 4 years ago. Apart from Dougie I thought we bowled ok, but the spin issue needs sorting. We have no bowlers who can really tie and end down, Stuart Clarke's speciality.

Ruckus

International Captain
If the selections were completely up to me I'd choose:

Watson
Katich (if unfit, Hughes)
Ponting
Clarke
Mussey
Dussey
Haddin
O'Keefe
Harris (if unfit, Johnson)
Copeland
Bollinger

Think that side would give England a serious run for their money.

TumTum

Banned
If the selections were completely up to me I'd choose:

Watson
Katich (if unfit, Hughes)
Ponting
Clarke
Mussey
Dussey
Haddin
O'Keefe
Harris (if unfit, Johnson)
Copeland
Bollinger

Think that side would give England a serious run for their money.
It would be hilarious watching England bowl at him tbh. I can just see him getting beaten on the drive so many times, missing straight deliveries etc.

If we are serious about the future, we should either pick Ferguson or Khawaja.

Ruckus

International Captain
It would be hilarious watching England bowl at him tbh. I can just see him getting beaten on the drive so many times, missing straight deliveries etc.

If we are serious about the future, we should either pick Ferguson or Khawaja.
He completely dominated in county cricket, so I don't think England would like seeing him there instead of North. For the future, it would be better to have Khawaja in the team, but in terms of just winning the Ashes I would give Dussey the nod. I also like the idea of seeing a double Hussey partnership! Feel there could be some good brotherly rivalry there...

pup11

International Coach
Katich
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Dussey
Haddin
Smith
Harris
Hilfenhaus
Bollinger
If I had it my way then I would have some different blokes in there, but its the most practical and realistic side in the current circumstances.
Very unlikely that Hauritz would ever play for Australia again, and chances of selectors backing a left arm spinner immediately after there fling with Doherty also doesn't help O'Keffe's chances so that pretty much leaves us with Smith.
Smith isn't a terrible choice tbh, his bowling is a work in development but still if he bowls enough overs, he has in him to trouble the English batsmen.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hauritz should be picked but, as you say, seems to have had his card marked

Katich cant be any better than 50/50 for the remainder of the series, so Hughes should come in

Spark

Global Moderator
Taylor just suggest on-air that he would be out for the rest of the series. "Can't see him playing any more part in this series" I think it was.

robelinda

Seeing Swann bowl you would figure Hauritz wouldve bowled at least 20% better than Xavier, with that rough. Even Tuffers had that nice loop, X man has nothing at all, very disappointing stuff.

Spark

Global Moderator
Seeing Swann bowl you would figure Hauritz wouldve bowled at least 20% better than Xavier, with that rough. Even Tuffers had that nice loop, X man has nothing at all, very disappointing stuff.
At least. I'd back Hauritz to hit the rough a reasonable amount.

Last edited: