• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Took infinitely more wickets than Johnson did :ph34r:.

Nah, he wasn't impressive but he was genuinely much, much better than Midge. Didn't bleed runs uncontrollably and very occasionally beat the bat.

howardj

International Coach
Rick loves Rhino

"He's a great competitor," Ponting said. "He runs in all day for you and he is the sort of guy that bowls the right length for Adelaide conditions.

"He bangs the ball into the wicket, which you need to do down there if you are going to have success. If it happens to reverse swing down there, he is very good at that, as well.

"The fact he has had great success at international cricket means he is one of those guys that is just meant to be playing."

Rhino will splutter down to Adelaide in his Datsun 350B, knee held together by tape, and he'll give ya plenty!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Also, why did swanneh go to **** all of a sudden? I was actually start to rate him. Which is really rare because he's a spinner, and he's English.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Also, why did swanneh go to **** all of a sudden? I was actually start to rate him. Which is really rare because he's a spinner, and he's English.
Just had one bad spell vs Hussey - and it was bad, don't get me wrong - but he'll come back from that. May not storm the series but he'll be at least a solid bowler.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Colly holding that chance would have been a nice boost wouldn't it
Just a bit. I had bets on for Watson to get 10 runs less than he did, and Swann to get more wickets than Doherty.

Meanwhile, Ricky needed to get 10 more runs or take one more catch to get him over the performance line and he dropped two. Sod's law.

(Talking about cricketbetlive btw)

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Rick loves Rhino

"He's a great competitor," Ponting said. "He runs in all day for you and he is the sort of guy that bowls the right length for Adelaide conditions.

"He bangs the ball into the wicket, which you need to do down there if you are going to have success. If it happens to reverse swing down there, he is very good at that, as well.

"The fact he has had great success at international cricket means he is one of those guys that is just meant to be playing."

Rhino will splutter down to Adelaide in his Datsun 350B, knee held together by tape, and he'll give ya plenty!
Still waiting for that moment when Ponting or one of the selectors announces a player is dropped because 'they'll only run in before lunch'.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
CANNOT UN-SEE
Assuming you put "Mitch Johnson n00dz" into google I'd have though you'd be fine with seeing. :ph34r:

Nah, he wasn't impressive but he was genuinely much, much better than Midge. Didn't bleed runs uncontrollably and very occasionally beat the bat.
I don't really agree with this. After the third ball of the innings he contributed exactly zero wickets. Same as Mitch. He just looked a bit better doing it. Combine that with a question mark on his ability to get stacks of wickets and he should be the first dropped. At least Mitch has proven he can get test match wickets in this country.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Still waiting for that moment when Ponting or one of the selectors announces a player is dropped because 'they'll only run in before lunch'.
Sigging this, great stuff. Apologies in advance for featuring you in the same signature as the worst poster in the history of the forum (world?) but sometimes these things happen.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Looks fair enough, no reason to see it won't be another batting track. Not that hot though, which is welcome.