• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Ashes Moments

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Have to go with the (alleged) bail burning as it started the whole thing off. Fred loses marks for the too-knowingly posed celeb, but was top banana anyway. Twatty run tho, but.
AWTA.

Bail burning. Set off a precedent for effigy burning, IMO :p

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, we might end it right here and give it to the burning of the bails, right?

I totally understand it was a seminal moment that signified the start of the contest, but it's the cricket that makes it memorable for me. Each to their own, obviously.
Dunno, the epic folklore really floats my boat. Going for bail burning here too.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
(1)Flintoff Running Out Ponting 4 vs 9 (68)The Burning of the Bails and Death of English Cricket

Popular battle that one.

Chris.14

Cricket Spectator
As much as I hated it, the McGrath moment is the only one of those two that I remember, so I guess I'll go for that one.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Steve Waugh. And Chris aside (welcome BTW mate) I notice the filth barracking for one of our blokes getting hurt. So, so typical. You lot know that if he doesn't tread on that ball you'd have been two-nil down and wouldn't have won a test all summer.

****s.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
In the interests of fair play I'll say Waugh's twin hundreds

Edit: what am I talking about? McGrath obviously

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Steve Waugh. And Chris aside (welcome BTW mate) I notice the filth barracking for one of our blokes getting hurt. So, so typical. You lot know that if he doesn't tread on that ball you'd have been two-nil down and wouldn't have won a test all summer.

****s.
That's exactly why my vote goes to McGrath

Incalculable impact.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year

****s.
Not really our fault you came to play a five-test series with only two half-decent bowlers.