• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Afghanistan in Kenya 2010

Ur support goes to?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

elmadrid

Cricket Spectator
Good going by Afghanistan. All of them batting well except Asghar, Nabi and Javid - who is new. Especially the Captain has done well to score his first FC century. He is on 168 - can he make it 200?

It will be exciting to follow this tour because Afghanistan don't have Shapoor Zadran And Noor Ali. A key Bowler and a key batsmen - lets see what the replacements can do.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
watch out for Hamid Hassan an absolute beast.
Other than for Tikolo and Odoyo, others will struggle to lay a bat on him if he bowls similar to what he did in T20 WC. He's a beast and consistently clocked 90mph+

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Other than for Tikolo and Odoyo, others will struggle to lay a bat on him if he bowls similar to what he did in T20 WC. He's a beast and consistently clocked 90mph+

Dont forget Seren Waters and Ragheb Aga both play county cricket and face this pace on a weekly basis, they'll be alright, but Afghanistan definitely right on top at the moment.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
I think it's stretching it a bit to say they play county cricket regularly...

Yeah, more 2nd XI stuff, in fact, I dont think Seren has even played firsts yet, but other then the above mentioned names, I do agree that Kenya's bats will most likely struggle with the Afghan pace attack.

Flem274*

123/5

Yeah, right :laugh:
Looks closer to 40.

Anyway, I know nothing about Afghanistan cricket. However from this thread I gather the above "19 year old's" record is immense even for associate cricket (who has he played against?) and they have a 90mph bowler.

Jeez, they might become decent before Bangladesh at this rate. Bangladesh are starting to improve quickly now tbf.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks closer to 40.

Anyway, I know nothing about Afghanistan cricket. However from this thread I gather the above "19 year old's" record is immense even for associate cricket (who has he played against?) and they have a 90mph bowler.

Jeez, they might become decent before Bangladesh at this rate. Bangladesh are starting to improve quickly now tbf.
Most of the quick pAkistani bowlers are of Pathan tribe. Some Afgans also belongs to that tribe (Biggest tribe is Pashtuns if I am not mistaken). Hamid Hassan most probably is a Pathan, who actutally has physique for fast bowling unlike other sub continental teams.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Can India loan him for a while?

Can't do worse than the likes of Ishant and Munaf at the moment.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Most of the quick pAkistani bowlers are of Pathan tribe. Some Afgans also belongs to that tribe (Biggest tribe is Pashtuns if I am not mistaken). Hamid Hassan most probably is a Pathan, who actutally has physique for fast bowling unlike other sub continental teams.
Was actually wondering this exact thing.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Pretty compact action. Looks sharp.

Afghans on top. Kenya 61/2. Probably their 2 best bats in Waters and Tikolo in at the moment.

elmadrid

Cricket Spectator
Can India loan him for a while?

Can't do worse than the likes of Ishant and Munaf at the moment.
Why not, If you can Loan us Raina, Kohli, Yuvraj or Laxman - I am sure you will do well without them:)

Btw Kenya are four down, hamid has taken 3