• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Afghanistan in Kenya 2010

Ur support goes to?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alvarez

First Class Debutant
A bit of resistance from Kenya's 2 county players in Aga and Waters, but still getting completely dominated.

EDIT: Spoke too soon, Waters out for 73.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Most of the quick pAkistani bowlers are of Pathan tribe. Some Afgans also belongs to that tribe (Biggest tribe is Pashtuns if I am not mistaken). Hamid Hassan most probably is a Pathan, who actutally has physique for fast bowling unlike other sub continental teams.
Apart from Umer Gul none of Pak pacers are from Pakhtoon tribe one can argue Imran was but even he was born and raised in North Punjab.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
I badly wanna see a 3 Odi series between Afghanistan & Zim/B.Desh. Wen will my dream come true? I guess they deserve to be on the ODI table.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Very surprised Afghanistan didnt enforce the follow on. Terrible showing from Kenya's batsmen, Waters aside. Not sure why they didnt pick Tanmay Mishra considering he is available.

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Hamid Hassan, what a champ! How long before Pakistan, India or even Bangladesh try to nick him? Defiantly my favourite associate player, I think an appreciation society is needed!

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Now its time for Odis. Gud to see kenya hitting some form in the final innings. ODIs should be more competative.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Hamid Hassan, what a champ! How long before Pakistan, India or even Bangladesh try to nick him? Defiantly my favourite associate player, I think an appreciation society is needed!
Definietly, mine too. He and Ryan ten Doschate are the best around these days. Doschate may be the better player, but this guy is fun to watch with his pace and swing. I only saw him during the ICC champions trophy, but the way he was dishing some quick stuff against better teams was fun to watch. He and Jonkman are the only genuinely quick bowlers that associates have.

elmadrid

Cricket Spectator
Nobody is going to nick him. He is too a patriotic a Player to Leave his own country to play for Pakistan,India and BD.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
was actually at the Gymkhana for the last two days of the Intercontinental Cup games. Missed Ngoche's 5 fer, but saw the whole of kenya's 2nd innings. was siiting a row down fro Maurice Odumbe and Peter ongondo too (so that provided quite some interesting 'match commentary).

All in all I reckon Kenya could have pulled off the chase had Ouma and Odoyo still been at the crease at stumps, but Ouma figured he'd charge down the wicket and get himself out with just 2 overs left to play on day 3. Possibly the straw that broke the camel's back with his resgnation methinks.

Also surprised Mishra missed out on a spot in the ODI team, being he looked quites solid in nets.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
was actually at the Gymkhana for the last two days of the Intercontinental Cup games. Missed Ngoche's 5 fer, but saw the whole of kenya's 2nd innings. was siiting a row down fro Maurice Odumbe and Peter ongondo too (so that provided quite some interesting 'match commentary).

All in all I reckon Kenya could have pulled off the chase had Ouma and Odoyo still been at the crease at stumps, but Ouma figured he'd charge down the wicket and get himself out with just 2 overs left to play on day 3. Possibly the straw that broke the camel's back with his resgnation methinks.

Also surprised Mishra missed out on a spot in the ODI team, being he looked quites solid in nets.
Andruid, U going to that Odis? How do u think will be the attendence like for these matches? Anyone interested/aware these matches happening?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Andruid, U going to that Odis? How do u think will be the attendence like for these matches? Anyone interested/aware these matches happening?
Not likely. hardly much interest in the press and the guys I found at the match seem to the same old folk who watch pretty much all the games played there. Nevermind the nations attentions right now are on the Commonwealth Games.