• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in West Indies

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A let off for SA in the end there. Really didn't deserve it after letting WI so far back into the game.

Shifter

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yeh they totally didn't deserve to win despite dominating most of the game. That 20 ball innings from Sammy proves Windies were the better team today.

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
God I'm glad I'm not a WI fan. Almost always conspire to stop anything good from happening.
Yep. Same old Windies really. Glimpses of unbelievable raw talent that excites the fans for a while but ultimately there are too many sub-par players in the current squad to consistently compete, let alone win matches.

We have some very good middle/lower order hitters and that can only be a good thing. Now we desperately need Richards to score runs consistantly at the top with Gayle and some middle order players who can rotate the strike. In this series we have hit more boundaries and sixes than the opposition but are still being beaten fairly comfortably. That tells the story IMHO.

Still, Darren Bravo is almost certainly going to be drafted in for the 3rd and 4th ODI's which can only be a good thing. As for our wicket keeping problem, I just don't know. I can only hope that Devon Thomas impressed them enough in the nets to get selected.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Yeh they totally didn't deserve to win despite dominating most of the game. That 20 ball innings from Sammy proves Windies were the better team today.
NZ fan posting for effect? nah never!! 8-) , South Africa got off very lucky today, it could be argued that if Sarwan didn't get injured we would have taken that game, we're certainly getting closer and i think we'll put up one hell of a fight in the Tests, a format our best players are much more suited to, Chanders, Barath, Roach, Nash, Darren Bravo, Chadwick Walton and Shane Shillingford could all very well be playing in them so i think we'll be a much better side by then.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Yep. Same old Windies really. Glimpses of unbelievable raw talent that excites the fans for a while but ultimately there are too many sub-par players in the current squad to consistently compete, let alone win matches.

We have some very good middle/lower order hitters and that can only be a good thing. Now we desperately need Richards to score runs consistantly at the top with Gayle and some middle order players who can rotate the strike. In this series we have hit more boundaries and sixes than the opposition but are still being beaten fairly comfortably. That tells the story IMHO.

Still, Darren Bravo is almost certainly going to be drafted in for the 3rd and 4th ODI's which can only be a good thing. As for our wicket keeping problem, I just don't know. I can only hope that Devon Thomas impressed them enough in the nets to get selected.
What about Walton Beamer? can't he be flown back from Bang like Darren Bravo and Shilly have? would also like to see Pascal involved to be honest, this time it was our bowling that let us down because letting South Africa get 300 is criminal really, as for Devon Thomas, is he really training with the lads? if he is then that's good to hear, i really can stand seeing Ramdin at the crease anymore.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
What about Walton Beamer? can't he be flown back from Bang like Darren Bravo and Shilly have? would also like to see Pascal involved to be honest, this time it was our bowling that let us down because letting South Africa get 300 is criminal really, as for Devon Thomas, is he really training with the lads? if he is then that's good to hear, i really can stand seeing Ramdin at the crease anymore.
Thomas was the substitute fielder. He has also scored two centuries and a 04 in his last 3 innings (admittedly at club level). Walton and Shilly won't get back in time but Bravo and Devon Smith will.

We will just have to wait and see what they come up with. Hopefully it's a squad that will re-ignite my interest in this series.

akilana

International 12th Man
How didn't they deserve to win when they dominated the game for the most part of it? Did 20 ball innings from Sammy really prove Windies were the better team today? then how about the two 80 plus scores from SA batsmen? It must've proved that SA are twice the team that WI are. What a load of rubbish.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
How didn't they deserve to win when they dominated the game for the most part of it? Did 20 ball innings from Sammy really prove Windies were the better team today? then how about the two 80 plus scores from SA batsmen? It must've proved that SA are twice the team that WI are. What a load of rubbish.
He was being sarcastic.

shivfan

Banned
Let Walton go to England, and play in the A team there....

He will gain valuable experience playing on seaming pitches on that tour. If he continues to improve, the way he has in Bangladesh, then yes, bring him in for Ramdin.

However, it's one thing scoring runs on batting tracks in Bangladesh against poor bowlers, but it's quite another to do so on seaming pitches where you have to move your feet against higher-quality county bowlers. The A team tour of England is going to be quite a wakeup call for a few WI players....

shivfan

Banned

I don't think any of the possible substitutes for Ramdin are match-fit, since there's no domestic competition going on now, Walton excluded, of course....

So, we'll just have to persist with Ramdin for this series. There's only three ODIs to go, anyway. There's no doubt he's our best Test keeper, so his place is okay there for now.

It's good to have Darren Bravo back for the third ODI in Dominica....

How long will Sarwan be out for? And will Shiv be fit to play then?

Stapel

International Regular
What amazes me: We've seen some poor fielding and some dropped catches. But two of those Sammy sixes were caught by spectators with ease. First a young woman catching the ball while holding a flag in her hand, than a man refusing to drop his beverage and thus taking the ball singlehandedly...

Langeveldt

Soutie
I've heard the Jamaican leg is in doubt because of the situation there regarding violence in Kingston.. Not good news.. I hope there is a relocation instead of an outright cancellation.. I'm dieing to see some test cricket :(

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
What amazes me: We've seen some poor fielding and some dropped catches. But two of those Sammy sixes were caught by spectators with ease. First a young woman catching the ball while holding a flag in her hand, than a man refusing to drop his beverage and thus taking the ball singlehandedly...
There were some crackers over the summer in Australia by the crowd