• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar as a World Cup player (posts moved here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exaggerate much?

I've said that I dont rate Sachin as the best WC batsman of all time because he has a hole in his record that others dont have - no-one has ever said that Sachin has done NOTHING at WCs

But hey, I dont rate Eddie Palubinskas as the best Olympic basketballer of all time either
Whatever holes he has in his record he still gets universal recognition. Wisden voted him the greatest ODI bat and second greatest test bat ever in addition to Hadlee,Warne,Bradman etc calling him the best ever. The crap you and Ikki spew here DOES NOT make an iota of difference.

Sir Alex

Banned
Appalling. Even by your standards.

And Sir Alex, it isn't only Indian players who have effigies of them burned.

But really guys, this isn't about to become a pissing contest over whose fans are worse, is it?
The moderators didn't seem to mind so I guess it's okay. It's not a one way traffic mate, although if it'd been me, this thread would've been locked long back because I saw this would happen and had reported to them.

The "biggest stage" is a final

Hell, if I wanted to be really negative I could provide analysis of his performances in the matches where India was eliminated - not pretty reading
Yup every time India loses it is Tendulkar's fault. The economic crisis also has something to do with Tendulkar's inability to bat like Ponting.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I am appalled at how some folks continue to ignore the posts of their own countrymen (in this case the post of got_spin) .
Don't see the problem of my post. I was just making a simple comparison between the reactions of two nations when it comes to cricketing failures - I was also just quoting was Sir Alex said.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whatever holes he has in his record he still gets universal recognition. Wisden voted him the greatest ODI bat and second greatest test bat ever in addition to Hadlee,Warne,Bradman etc calling him the best ever. The crap you and Ikki spew here DOES NOT make an iota of difference.
Of course he is the greatest ODI player ever and obviously there is an argument for him being the 2nd best test player ever but BEST EVER WC BATSMAN?

IMO, no way until he achieves what many others have done

DingDong

State Captain
Of course he is the greatest ODI player ever and obviously there is an argument for him being the 2nd best test player ever but BEST EVER WC BATSMAN?

+1
that makes sense social

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member

Who does have a claim to best ever wc batsmen. Mark Waugh?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Where did you get the impression that I think he won't bat well? I have no clue as to whether he will or won't. That's why I am looking forward to seeing how he handles it. You always hear that Ponting/Warne/X scored runs/took wickets and his team was strong, etc, so he never gets that same respect. While others say that being #1 and keeping that consistency is a virtue in itself. Now we'll see how Sachin does.

I have always been more in favour of champion players who do it in champion teams which is why I regularly seem to have a bias towards Australians. If Sachin and India do it I am just applying the same logic. I am saying I will give him more credit for doing it now that they've gone to #1.

What is so unreasonable about that? The sensitivity to the guy is suffocating to be honest.
Chill mate, no one is more acutely aware of the sensitivity than I am, but I just don't agree with your criteria in this instance is all :).

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
No all it shows is that you changed your statement in the second post but never accepted that what your wrote first time around actually meant what I posted first time. You are so quick to judge the reading skills of other people then it is only fair that your writting skills get guestioned when you make the mistake.
I essentially broke down my sentence just for you. I even agreed with you in saying that it was my "opinion". I gave you a neutral reply, you gave me crap. You need to chill out.

Chill mate, no one is more acutely aware of the sensitivity than I am, but I just don't agree with your criteria in this instance is all :).
That's fine. Why can't everyone just say that? Geez.

Last edited:

Sir Alex

Banned
I am appalled at how some folks continue to ignore the posts of their own countrymen (in this case the post of got_spin) .
Should you be really worried about getting judged in online forums mate? And that too one eyed at that?

Even sticking to wcs only his record is actually quite good even in the knockout stages.Not only does is he the highest run getter ever with the best average, he also performed well in 2 wc semi finals.If you are only going by his failure in the final then nothing can be done.A player like Ponting got 4 WC finals and performed in a single one against the worst of the 4 attacks.What are the odds of Tendulkar failing in 4 WC finals had he had a team good enough to get to 4 finals?

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I essentially broke down my sentence just for you. I even agreed with you in saying that it was my "opinion". I gave you a neutral reply, you gave me crap. You need to chill out.
I will chill out If you can learn to present your arguments in a responsible manner. If you continue to rile up members with you silly arguments and call out Indian members over some disagreements, accuse them of 'intellectual Dishonesty'because they don't fit your series of excuses, you will continue to receive this kind of response.

Teja.

Global Moderator
SRT batted in 2 WC semi-finals and 1 Final

He scored 65 of the 122 his team scored in an extremely stirring Innings in the 1996 Semi-Final.

He scored 83 in the 2003 Semi-Final

He scored FA in the one final he batted in.

A Semi-Final/Final record he can live with, IMO.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dunno, there are pockets of fans on internet forums who believe his record isn't complete. Wouldn't be sleeping well, tbh.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Dunno, there are pockets of fans on internet forums who reckon his record isn't complete. Wouldn't be sleeping well.
He's probably reading this as a guest right now. Nervously waiting Sir Alex's or Sanz's witty rebuttal.

Status
Not open for further replies.