• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar as a World Cup player (posts moved here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
You never accepted that there was something wrong with the statement when there definitely was. The statement as it is clearly indicates as if you were claiming it as some sort of fact. And it is so childish for you to come and cry about being accused when half of your posts in this forum are about accusing others of intellectual dishonest.

I have a problem because of the drivel you have been posting all along about certain Indian players and how you continue to incite Indian members on this forum by making trollish comments and cherry picking of stats and at times asking stuff like

"A question to the Indian fans: what will be your thoughts if India go into the deep stages of the next WC and you still don't win a WC with Sachin?"
It should be unsurprising that the people who I call "intellectually dishonest" just happen to be the same 2-3 members, one including yourself.

Your whole rant is that I didn't place a comma; as if people use perfect english here anyway. But that's irrelevant as I replied in a frankly neutral matter and told you I meant something else. Yet throughout the thread you have a continuous panties-in-a-knot tone in all of your posts. Grow up.

get some perspective FFS.
Blah blah blah bottomline is he did NOT get dropped.Equating the pressure that Tendulkar faces to that faced by other cricketers is just nonsense.Have a look at what the Australian cricketers themselves have to say about the pressure Sachin is under.Remove your Ponting is the best thing since sliced bread blinkers for once and be objective.Wake up and smell the coffee

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Blah blah blah bottomline is he did NOT get dropped.Equating the pressure that Tendulkar faces to that faced by other cricketers is just nonsense.Have a look at what the Australian cricketers themselves have to say about the pressure Sachin is under.Remove your Ponting is the best thing since sliced bread blinkers for once and be objective.Wake up and smell the coffee
Sanz, for the record, here is another one from your group. The other one is Sir Alex, if you were wondering.

Sir Alex

Banned
Just because Australians don't throw stones at the houses of cricketers doesn't mean Ponting wasn't under immense media scrutiny.
Oh poor Ricky. He had to endure media scrutiny! How dare I put the travails of indian players before it, how trivial are death threats, effigy burnings, censure in public, risk of loss of life to relatives and self, in front of media scrutiny!

Mea culpa. Mea culpa.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
It should be unsurprising that the people who I call "intellectually dishonest" just happen to be the same 2-3 members, one including yourself.
Yes because these 2-3 people can talk to you in exact same language as you do during one of your "Cherry Picking" statistical sheets, and when you can not win the argument statistically you start making the accusation of "intellectual Dishonesty" because those stats do not consider your excuses.

Your whole rant is that I didn't place a comma; as if people use perfect english here anyway. But that's irrelevant as I replied in a frankly neutral matter and told you I meant something else. Yet throughout the thread you have a continuous panties-in-a-knot tone in all of your posts. Grow up.
The point is that it was your mistake that you missed the comma and because of that mistake the meaning of the statement changed. And no you did not reply in a neutral manner, Any reply by you in this thread can not be neutral.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Everyone who you get pwned by is intellectually dishonest :laugh:
Yeah, they're really awesome pwners, :laugh:

Oh poor Ricky. He had to endure media scrutiny! How dare I put the travails of indian players before it, how trivial are death threats, effigy burnings, censure in public, risk of loss of life to relatives and self, in front of media scrutiny!

Mea culpa. Mea culpa.
And those millions of dollars they get, the luxurious lives they lead... oh how do their families ever cope? If they burn down one house, they'll only have 10 more! Woe is you; you're right!

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member

Mea culpa. Mea culpa.
I know it doesn't compare to death threats (I'm not sure why you're so proud of these things either btw) but I don't think you recognise at all the generally very negative attitude towards Ponting for a while in Australia. Considering the high regard Australian Captains are generally held in public perception

In every Tendulkar thread,it is almost always Ikki who brings up Ponting and brings up irrelevant diatribe to derail the thread.If someone replies that person gets accused of intellectual dishonesty and being sensitive.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's true, they don't throw stones, they just beat them to death.
Appalling. Even by your standards.

And Sir Alex, it isn't only Indian players who have effigies of them burned.

But really guys, this isn't about to become a pissing contest over whose fans are worse, is it?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz, for the record, here is another one from your group. The other one is Sir Alex, if you were wondering.
You forgot one more name his name sounded like "KazoH..." something. I am sure you know him.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yes because these 2-3 people can talk to you in exact same language as you do during one of your "Cherry Picking" statistical sheets, and when you can not win the argument statistically you start making the accusation of "intellectual Dishonesty" because those stats do not consider your excuses.

The point is that it was your mistake that you missed the comma and because of that mistake the meaning of the statement changed. And no you did not reply in a neutral manner, Any reply by you in this thread can not be neutral.
This is your first reply:

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2198322-post84.html

And here was my first reply:

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2198329-post90.html

Just to show once again, as if it was in any doubt, that you're full of it.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah.. but that was in use there. In fact, before the finals even started, everyone knew Sachin was MoS..

BTW, a big BIG 8-) @ this whole thread and the blokes arguing that Sachin has done nothing at WCs. How this number of people clutch on to that single feeble straw, I will never know.. :p
Exaggerate much?

I've said that I dont rate Sachin as the best WC batsman of all time because he has a hole in his record that others dont have - no-one has ever said that Sachin has done NOTHING at WCs

But hey, I dont rate Eddie Palubinskas as the best Olympic basketballer of all time either

Sir Alex

Banned
He had lost like half his team. Get some perspective FFS. If he had done that with Hayden, Warne, McGrath, Gilchrist, et al and regularly he'd have been dropped for certain.

The problem with you is you're too busy searching for a reply, not aware that it's irrelevant, dumb and inconsistent.
His team? You talk as if Ponting developed all those guys into the world beaters they were.

If he failed to see that players indeed would grow old and stop playing and accordingly plan for a smooth succession plan, let him have his just deserts.

Despite having 5 years of being spoonfed and rocked on the baby cradle by his senior members, he couldn't grow up as a captain is his problem.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
This is your first reply:

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2198322-post84.html

And here was my first reply:

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2198329-post90.html

Just to show once again, as if it was in any doubt, that you're full of it.
No all it shows is that you changed your statement in the second post but never accepted that what your wrote first time around actually meant what I posted first time. You are so quick to judge the reading skills of other people then it is only fair that your writting skills get guestioned when you make the mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.