• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Donald vs Waqar

Waqar vs Donald - bowling

• Total voters

bagapath

International Captain
donald. was much more accurate than waqar without compromising on effectiveness. but as SS said, at his peak waqar was better than most fast bowlers in history, including donald.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Waqar at his best was ferocious. A bonafide beast, but I'd rather have Donald. Just though.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I meant Donald kept his performances at that great level for longer. Waqar had an amazing start, but tailed off in the later years of his career.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I went with Waqar, though there's so little in it I might have changed my mind tomorrow. Donald was able to sustain his exceptional performances for longer, though Waqar's sheer magnificence during the first half of the '90s swung it for me ever so slightly. They're so close in my mind that in the end it came down to a bit of personal preference as much as anything.

slowfinger

International Debutant
I'd say Donald in ODI and Waqar in Testsm Donald is a bit under-rated in the forum but he really is good.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I went with Waqar, though there's so little in it I might have changed my mind tomorrow. Donald was able to sustain his exceptional performances for longer, though Waqar's sheer magnificence during the first half of the '90s swung it for me ever so slightly.
Same here

Athlai

Not Terrible
From what I have read it wouldn't be out of line to say that Waqar at his best was the greatest bowler of all time.

JBH001

International Regular
Sorry, meant to vote Waqar in both formats, not Waqar in ODI and Donald in tests.