• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
LOL .. Bollinger accidently kissing the VB logo on his shirt instead of the Coat of Arms .. I could see that image being displayed on a few VB bottles in the near future, or atleast on a commercial or two. That blatant mistake is probably going to earn Bollinger thousands in endorsements.

Tim McIntosh batted well, dire not to see him get a ton. Similar to the knock that Vandort played a few years ago. Why did Daniel Flynn get dropped for Peter Ingram?

Athlai

Not Terrible
LOL .. Bollinger accidently kissing the VB logo on his shirt instead of the Coat of Arms .. I could see that image being displayed on a few VB bottles in the near future, or atleast on a commercial or two. That blatant mistake is probably going to earn Bollinger thousands in endorsements.

Tim McIntosh batted well, dire not to see him get a ton. Similar to the knock that Vandort played a few years ago. Why did Daniel Flynn get dropped for Peter Ingram?
Flynn's game fell apart but I don't really know why Ingram got the go.
218 runs @ 16 last year for Flynn.

Howsie

International Captain
May as well tbh.

Franklin back in? Tuffey can't bat 8.
But Franklin can't bowl or bat so....

Should bring in Williamson IMO, bat him at six and he can be Vettori's 5th bowler. We can't play another test with a batting line-up looking like this.

Athlai

Not Terrible
But Franklin can't bowl or bat so....

Should bring in Williamson IMO, bat him at six and he can be Vettori's 5th bowler. We can't play another test with a batting line-up looking like this.
If Williamson did get a go you'd bat him at 7 right now.

Howsie

International Captain
If Williamson did get a go you'd bat him at 7 right now.
Too risky IMO. A couple of quick wickets fall while he's at the crease and all of a sudden he's batting with the tail. If he comes in he has too bat infront of Vettori and McCullum as they'ed be far better off batting with the tail.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
That Southee referral was a joke. Obviously the daylight between bat and ball wasn't enough evidence that he missed it.

Not that it would change the outcome of the match, but ffs.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Just back from the basin. Got to look at Ponting up close and personal when he walked by me. Saw Vettori obliging fans with pictures and autographs. So did Jeetan.
The crowd gave Tim the Technique a big ovation for his long vigil. He really impressed me with his inning. I was quite taken with him when he took 10 runs off a Johnson over.
Just watching from the sideline. The difference between Hauritz bowling and North bowling live is appreciable. So that was good to observe a good spinner in action.

Dissapointed that Watling didn't make 50. Hope he doesn't have a problem with lbws.

If Ingram doesn't come through in the next test I fear for his place in the team.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Watling
McIntosh
Sinclair
Taylor
Guptill
Williamson
McCullum
Vettori
Tuffey
Arnel
Martin

for the second test, tbh.

Tuffey at no.8 after a really shaky top 3 is just dire.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Too risky IMO. A couple of quick wickets fall while he's at the crease and all of a sudden he's batting with the tail. If he comes in he has too bat infront of Vettori and McCullum as they'ed be far better off batting with the tail.
The problem with our batting is the top three, not the middle order. If you picked Williamson at the exclusion of one of the bowlers, you'd be picking him as an all-rounder, which to be perfectly honest would be just bizarre.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
We didn't have Dougeh! :ph34r:

No but seriously, I think we're a considerably better team than we were back then.
It's also a lot easier to look like you're bowling brilliantly against a batting lineup that doesn't have a clue. Not to take anything away from the Aussie bowlers, no doubt they're putting a lot more pressure on now than they did last year.